Possible 1935S Wheat Penny Error.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Kristymarie0816, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Kristymarie0816

Kristymarie0816 Active Member

Hi everyone I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe, but I bought 500 Wheat pennies from Mintproducts.com but I got them in the mail today and I am looking through them and I found this 1935S Wheat Penny is it an error coins the 5 looks a lot bigger at the bottom then the top and is the 9 possibly doubled on the coin, I have been a collector for years but I am not good with errors or knowing what is an error not. Thank you very much to who might know. upload_2020-7-11_22-55-22.png upload_2020-7-11_22-55-59.png

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not an error but neat to say the least.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hi, Kristy! I hope you realize that offers like this one from "Mint Products" almost always involve coins that are nothing special and have been searched over and over again. ~ Chris

capthank likes this.
  5. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Almost alway rolls and bulk coins are a waste of time and money. I don't believe any seller would sell without thoroughly researching first. You are getting what is not needed or worthy of keeping. Best of luck in the future be safe not sorry!

6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

That’s got to be the coolest 5 ever. Beats the fatness out of the 1936 cent

7. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to the neighborhood @Kristymarie0816. The cent coin you are showing us is just PMD, or post mint damage, having happened after it left the mint. Copper is a very soft metal and simple hits and strikes can move and change the appearance of the coins. While your photos are good for the question, it is usually appreciated when you post full obverse and reverse of your coin. Sometimes the opposite side can affirm or deny somethings. Thank you for posting Full Image and not thumbnail. Many here don't like links or thumbnail photos that they have to manipulate to actually see the coin. As mentioned above, most "unsearched" bags or rolls of coins have been gone through, so finding that million dollar prize, or any, is highly unlikely, but like you, I enjoy going through a pile that I've not seen before. It's about the hunt, isn't it? Good luck.
    BTW How long have you been collecting and what is your main area of interest. Mine is Buffalo nickels (Bison to be PC. LOL)

9. Kristymarie0816

Kristymarie0816 Active Member

Ok thank you very much everyone. I actually knew I might not need any of the Wheat pennies for my collection so I planned on going to Hobby Lobby and tomorrow since they are closed on Sundays and buy 2 Wheat penny coin books and putting the Wheat pennies in the right ones for dates/mint mark and then re-selling them on eBay as a starter coin collection or something like that because I do not need 500 Wheat pennies and if I do not know that I know someone who would love the 500 Wheat pennies. I collect anything I collect Wheat pennies, Buffalo Nickels, Mercury Dimes, Jefferson Nickels and Washington Silver Quarters and a few Roosevelt Dimes, Morgan Silver Dollars, In March i bought my first CC Morgan Silver dollar from money I had from a few eBay sales.

CoinJockey73 and Mountain Man like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted