Pope John Paul 2nd Medal

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by furryfrog02, Apr 5, 2015.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me with this medal? I picked it out of the $.50 box from a guy at the Baltimore coin show. It had the toning I sometimes see on silver and sounds silver. I can find pictures online of it but no info on the make up of the medal IE: silver/plated/something completely else.

The weight on it is 16.84 grams and it is just a bit bigger than a half dollar but smaller than a Ike.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    JP2 Medal.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

It is called a ROMA CITTA DEL VATICANO MEDAL WITH POPE JOHN PAUL II I am looking up the details now. It is a nice little adventure looking for it. I will let you know once I get all the information.

4. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

All I could find was that it was Vatican Gift Medals that were sold at the gift shops in the Vatican City. That is pretty much all I found. Sorry I was not able to find more for you. Maybe someone else has this medal and can give you the stats. Good Luck.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

There seems to be an inscription on the side with the Pope's portrait (between four and five o'clock so to say) but I cannot read it. However, there are lots of such medals ...

6. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Keep it in your pocket and you will be safe from attack by vampires. I can guarantee this. It is even more effective than my anti dragon hat that has always kept me safe from dragons. It cost a pretty penny but it has really been worth it.

Surely your blesséd medallion will be just as effective for you.

As far as I know that is its only use.

furryfrog02 and Jason Hoffpauir like this.
  7. furryfrog02

8. furryfrog02

I just looked and it says "ITALY". Big help eh? ;)
    I'm guessing it is a base metal coin that is plated with silver or something like that.

9. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

Pontifex Maximus or High(est) Priest, i.e. the Pope.

Draft saved Draft deleted