'Poor Quality' Coin Designs Lamented

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, Jun 4, 2010.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Info Sponge

Info Sponge Junior Member

Yep: it means that (e) overrides "any other provision" of the law. Which is actually unnecessary, since one of the principles of statutory construction is that in the event of a conflict the more specific will override the more general ("[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL,SANS-SERIF][SIZE=-1]Generalia specialibus non derogant").[/SIZE][/FONT]

4. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

9balls - congrats on your ability to pull cites but in the end it's irrelevant.
    Thanks for offering up your opinion though. Your input is of great value to some.

With regards to your "better yet" idea, the idea of replacing the current commem program with your series of military insignia is even more rediculous. Not everyone loves military insignia as much as you and that would take needed money away from other worthwhile memorials that deserve recognition and funding. Thanks for playing though. I'm thankful that you are not in a position to influence actual coin design.

5. Texas John

Texas John Collector of oddments

I think the presidential dollars look like Chuck-E-Cheese tokens.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm not advocating that the miliary insignias idea preempt the entire program, but why couldn't one a year for 3-5 years be produced? It sure beats seeing wonderful designs of "legs" walking to school. I never said that I love military insignias, but it sure makes me wonder about some of the hippocrites who post their "blessings" on various threads on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

Speaking of funding for worthwhile memorials, have you ever wondered why the federal tax on your telephone bill that was instituted to pay for the construction of the Spanish-American War Memorial is still being collected? I wonder what "worthwhile memorial" that money if funding now?

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted