[Poll] IMPERATOR CHAMPIONSHIP! #3 Alegandron vs #5 zumbly - CIT 2017

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Apr 27, 2017.

?

Please vote on the coin you think wins in each of the following categories. 3 votes per voter

Poll closed May 1, 2017.
  1. Eye appeal (#3 Alegandron)

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Value for money (#3 Alegandron)

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Historical or numismatic interest (#3 Alegandron)

47 vote(s)
    78.3%
  4. Eye appeal (#5 zumbly)

35 vote(s)
    58.3%
  5. Value for money (#5 zumbly)

40 vote(s)
    66.7%
  6. Historical or numismatic interest (#5 zumbly)

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

We are only about 2 voters shy of our record participation and we are still only separated by just 1 vote with only 7 hours left!

Alegandron - 83
    zumbly - 82

These close matches right down to the wire are proving to be a ton of fun!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

4. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

If it goes to the House of Representatives, are they allowed to pick neither? Hold on Steve! There may still be hope for your bull coin.

Alegandron, panzerman, zumbly and 5 others like this.
  5. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Congrats to @Alegandron on being our first Coin Imperator! You played a masterful game at every round and richly deserve the final win :).

Huge props to @Curtisimo for putting all this together and giving us participants and the voters an enjoyable few weeks. I truly feel that all the coins played at every stage of this match would have been worthy contenders in the Final Match, and that every last one is not just a keeper but also winner. I'm already looking forward to next year's game!

6. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Congrats Alegandron on your win, you played one of the best early republican silver coins I have ever seen, well deserved win. And zumbly, also congrats to you for such a fantastic effort in reaching the final, unfortunately you can only have one winner but I am sure if you had of played that beautiful Macedon coin against any other except that Didrachm you would have won. Thankyou Curtisimo for making this tournament possible, like zumbly I am sure everybody else is looking forward to the next tournament.

Curtisimo, Alegandron and zumbly like this.
  7. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Hah, whenever each round started, I'd think, "this time I'm done for". You played some incredible coins, yourself. Maybe next year we'll get to play against one another!

8. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Wow, @zumbly thank you, and I am truly humbled. Your Tet is fantastic. You played it well, and your play throughout the tournament was impeccible. Great coins. Great competition. And everyone had incredible entries. I felt each round was my last, especially with the gorgeous coins that were posted.

Theodosius and Curtisimo like this.
  9. Alegandron

Thank you @Ancient Aussie . I honestly felt @zumbly posted the winner...it is an incredible Tet. YOUR coins have been super, also! I have enjoyed yours and everyone's writeups!

LOL, I know it is midday for you and @zumbly , but I was up in the middle of the nite for a ... restroom break...

10. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Congrats to @Alegandron for a "sans faute" all along this competition with coins to die for.

Congrats to @zumbly, you have been the challenger he needed for a high level match up in the final tour

Thanks to @Curtisimo for a month of entertainment, fun and educationnal posts

Thanks to everyone here who found following the tournament interesting and fun

Q

As a side note, I find it cool that the four last competitors come from all over the world (USA, Australia, Singapore and France) : CT is a worldwide stuff !!

11. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone's posts. Both Zumbly and Alegandron had fantastic coins, historical writeups, Alegandron came out on top in a tight contest, and is the "Imperator"
    So congrats to Alegandron for that feat, also congrats to Zumbly for a great match, and a huge congrats to Curtisimo for having this contest! It has proven to be extremely popular, and really bonded our members. Can hardly wait for the next one. Hopefully, this will extend to the "World" CT, US CT, paper currency CT members! Seeing how the "Ancient CT" gang, led by Curtisimo, inspired this contest.
    John:)

12. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

13. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

For all participants, winners and moderator:
    Applause.jpg

stevex6, Cucumbor, Jwt708 and 6 others like this.
  14. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Congratulations to all the competitors and especially to Alegandron for his victory and to Curtisimo for this well-planned and very fun contest!

Yay CoinTalk :D

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  15. Alegandron

Super coins @Cucumbor ! Great observation about where everyone is from. I did not notice it as we all seem one family with no borders. That is a tribute to everyone and how well we interact here in Ancients! Everyone that participated both in the voting as well the competition, contributed well. I am humbled and honored to be associated with such fun and informative members. Thank you.

@Curtisimo did an outstanding job setting this up, moderating, and contributing. As I got to know him, I found him a great person and a good friend.

Ajax, stevex6, Ancient Aussie and 6 others like this.
  16. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

457.gif

Cograts, Alegandron!

Great job, Curtisimo, for putting all this together!

To all participants: Man, you guys got some boss coins. Thanks for sharing!

Erin

Ajax, stevex6, Cucumbor and 7 others like this.
  17. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Championship_logo.jpg

Thank you to all of you for your kind words. It hadn't clicked with me until Q mentioned it but this was indeed a global competition with the medalist being represented from all over the world! Cool! I would say hold on to your enthusiasm just a bit longer as I do have one more fun surprise for the group to send this contest out in style... keep an eye out in the forum :)

Results:
    GOLD MEDALIST
    @Alegandron: 90
    ELECTRUM MEDALIST
    @zumbly: 87

zumbly led the voting in both eye appeal and value for money but the margins were not enough to make up for Alegandron's advantage in the historical interest category! This voting outcome constitutes a tournament first!

This tournament really went out with a BANG after both of our final matches turned into amazing contests. Tons of fun!

C_IMP_Bracket_2017_A.jpg

zumbly, Ajax, Ancient Aussie and 6 others like this.
  18. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

We all owe you a debt of gratitude for setting this contest up, we salute you!
    Hopefully we can expand this to hammered/ milled coins struck after 1200AD.

Curtisimo, Cucumbor and Alegandron like this.
  19. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Antoninus Pius Group big a.jpg
    sad photo.gif

... next year ...

zumbly, Ajax, Ancientnoob and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted