Poll: do you like my new flip design?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Severus Alexander, Feb 15, 2018.

?

How do you like my new coin flip design? (poll is anonymous, you can check up to two options)

1. As good as bacon, will you design one for me?

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Pretty cool.

27 vote(s)
    55.1%
  3. Will do the job.

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. If you can't say something nice, it's better to say nothing at all.

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Yecchhh.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. Umm... it looks like the monogram says "sex."

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I use both, but prefer the "e" spelling.

To me, "gray" with an "a" is a very dark color, approaching black.

That's just how I visualize it in my head.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

BTW, on the topic of flip inserts, here's a picture of the ones I used a decade ago (circa 2007), in my old antique mall booth.

Each flip contained three tags. There were two copies of the tag containing the coin data and the price. One stayed with the coin when sold, and the other was saved by the antique mall staff for my records. The third tag (facing outwards from the back) had my logo and contact info.

This picture shows the two front-facing tags. This system was laborious but very useful for me as an absentee vendor whose coins were being sold by people with little numismatic knowledge.

[​IMG]

Curtisimo, RAGNAROK, Ryro and 2 others like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

Yes, but the idea for me was to have all those entry fields there (redundant though it seems) so I would remember to include that information. You'd be surprised how often I'd forget to include the composition or diameter or a catalog variety or whatever, when I used a more freeform approach, as seen in my 2007 inserts from my previous post.

There's probably a way to create a template to prompt one to enter each bit of information, where the prompts (like "obverse", "reverse", etc.) disappear after you type the info in that field. So far, however, my prowess in MS Word is insufficient and I have not had a satisfactory result with this.

Besides, I kind of like the uniformity of my left-hand columns, redundant and repetitive though they may be.

You're right, though- they're not necessary for one's personal collection. However, I plan to also use these same tags in my World coin sales inventory. And for that, I like everything spelled out.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Severus Alexander likes this.
  5. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Very classic looking monogram @Severus Alexander ! It would make a nice sealing wax stamp.

SAWAX.jpg

Stork, zumbly, chrsmat71 and 8 others like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

7. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Yeah... you must get a custom wax seal stamp now!! That looks great :)

8. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

WOW!!! That is so cool! Can I steal that image?!?

And are you folks serious that I can get an actual seal stamp? :wideyed:

Curtisimo and Deacon Ray like this.
  9. lordmarcovan

I'm sure one could be made, with a 3-D printer, though I have no experience on that front.

But I betcha making that into a real intaglio seal would be child's play (and therefore perhaps not horrifically expensive), for someone with a 3-D printer. Or laser engraver.

Severus Alexander likes this.
  10. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Absolutely—the image is all yours! Yes—you can have custom wax seals made. Many printing companies that specialize in wedding invitations can have one made for you. I'll email you a link to an online company also.

11. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Heck yeah. There are many online sources of custom wax seal stamps. Fancy ones run ~$50; basic ones half of that or less. You could probably DIY it on Shapeways-- they have an easy-to-use 2-D to 3-D free online interface, and then you can chose your modeling medium.

I made some cookie stamps one time. You can also have those custom made. Your logo would work quite well stamped onto a sugar cookie or ginger snap :D

12. lordmarcovan

Sev Alex Shortbread for Christmas, in fancy little tins!

Mmmm... :hungry::D

Deacon Ray, Severus Alexander and TIF like this.
  13. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Thanks so much @Deacon Ray, @TIF, and @lordmarcovan! Now I am wracking my brain for when I would use a seal stamp... as you say, I MUST... but I so happen to have favourite shortbread and ginger snap recipes I inherited from my grandmother. Sev Alex cookies will be baked in the near future. :D

zumbly, TIF, Deacon Ray and 1 other person like this.
  14. RAGNAROK

RAGNAROK Naebody chaws me wi impunitY

15. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

So many great ideas posted here. I’d like to steal all of them once I get organized. For now I just handwrite with purchase date, price, and source on the back of the insert.
    7F394514-1E61-4E35-BD1A-A0631115BA22.jpeg

16. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I had done my labels....I guess pretty "amateurish'. Well, I am learning and will try to be more professionalo_O Here is a rather awfull old label. 4a5a204c68ab3f1b5187bdeb3bc59e36.jpg

17. panzerman

Those labels are perfect, exactly what i need to do with my collection:happy:

18. panzerman

Question....I see some labels with the Greek/Persian/Arabic etc. script. How does one do that?

19. RAGNAROK

RAGNAROK Naebody chaws me wi impunitY

20. panzerman

RAGNAROK likes this.
  21. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

I had to steal @IdesOfMarch01 coloring sequence for my 2x2s though I still like writing them by hand. I attempted using other colors like burgundy and purple, but it didn’t pop the right way so I had to embrace the blantant copy. Thanks for the inspiration sir.
    D68E99E3-F71B-4EE8-9BAE-66D0A61E7C7E.jpeg
    F7562C6B-866A-4719-AD82-83DC6A722685.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted