[Poll] #4 Mikey Zee vs #5 zumbly (round 2) CIT 2017

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Apr 13, 2017.

?

Please vote on the coin you think wins in each of the following categories. 3 votes per voter

Poll closed Apr 17, 2017.
  1. Eye appeal (#4 Mikey Zee)

37 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. Value for money (#4 Mikey Zee)

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Historical or numismatic interest (#4 Mikey Zee)

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Eye appeal (#5 zumbly)

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  5. Value for money (#5 zumbly)

37 vote(s)
    75.5%
  6. Historical or numismatic interest (#5 zumbly)

27 vote(s)
    55.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Whaaat? It's still a neck and neck race with plenty of time to go! Hey, Grypos looks like he's pulling something out of his belt... wait, what is that... a knuckleduster??? :D

Mikey Zee, Curtisimo and Alegandron like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

There is only 7 pts separating the two. Don't give up yet.

Alegandron, Mikey Zee and Curtisimo like this.
  4. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

There is still a few hours left to vote on this great match up for those of you who have not done so and would like to.

This one is also exciting because this match is close enough that last minute votes might prove to be the deciding factor.

The added benefit is that it might just keep me from getting sued by @Mikey Zee :happy::hilarious::D Just don't hire @Sallent or I might be in big trouble :nailbiting:

Mikey Zee likes this.
  5. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

This was by far our closest match and one of the highlights of the tournament so far featuring two great coins from two great members!

Results:
    @zumbly: 76 (WINNER)
    @Mikey Zee: 69

This one was fun to watch with Mikey taking the eye appeal category by the exact same margin that zumbly took the value for money category! The contest was decided by the interest category where both members excelled with excellent write ups with lots of historical and numismatic interest. Thank you to both of you for playing and for everyone who voted :)

Only three matches left before we crown the new 2017 Coin Imperator. I am looking forward to seeing Q go up against zumbly in the semifinals in the next few days.

Mikey Zee and Alegandron like this.
  6. zumbly

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised I survived that :shame:! It was a truly fun match-up, made possible by @Mikey Zee's choice of fielding his tremendous Seleukid tetradrachm. Great coin, Mikey!

Mikey Zee, Curtisimo and Alegandron like this.
  7. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Congrats zumbly, I wouldn't like to come up against either of you with fantastic coins like those two.

8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

what a scrap!!

=> hats-off to both of you coiners!!

cheers.gif

Mikey Zee and Curtisimo like this.
  9. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Congrats to both of you for your tremendous entries
    @zumbly, I'm looking forward to seeing what you will throw in for the semi final, very impatient

Hope @stevex6 will stay impartial though (you know, he's had some disappointment not long ago and may very well feel a bit bitter :) )

:) Q

stevex6, Mikey Zee and Curtisimo like this.
  10. zumbly

Likewise, Q! I hope what I've chosen will make the match-up interesting for everyone who votes. And yes, even as Steve's coin-honour needs to be avenged, I have absolute faith that he will vote with full impartiality :rolleyes:;).

11. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

12. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

So do I

:) Q

stevex6 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted