[Poll] #3 Alegandron vs #14 Parthicus (round 1) CIT 2017

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Apr 5, 2017.

?

Please vote on the coin you think wins in each of the following categories. 3 votes per voter

Poll closed Apr 12, 2017.
  1. Eye appeal (#3 Alegandron)

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Value for money (#3 Alegandron)

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Historical or numismatic interest (#3 Alegandron)

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  4. Eye appeal (#14 Parthicus)

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. Value for money (#14 Parthicus)

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  6. Historical or numismatic interest (#14 Parthicus)

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Well our final round 1 match comes to a close with this super interesting, history packed, match-up.

Results:
    @Alegandron: 84 (WINNER)
    @Parthicus: 39

Alegandron comes out ahead in all three categories but if other voters were anything like me this one was the closest match of the round. I absolutely loved both coins.

Thank you very much to both of our participants and everyone who voted in the first round. Round 2 will start shortly :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

When I saw the great drachm from @Parthicus , I honestly thought I was a goner. The history was fantastic, the coin was great, it was a super contender. That all said: I WANT that one for my collection! Thanks for a great match-up!

Curtisimo and Mikey Zee like this.
  4. Parthicus

Parthicus Well-Known Member

Well, obviously I would have liked a different outcome to the voting, but I humbly concede defeat to a worthy adversary, and I wish @Alegandron well in the coming rounds. It looks like I got some people interested in Parthian coins and history, which is far more important to me than winning a contest.

Also, if anyone wants this coin for their collection, they might want to check out the current CNG eSale 396, lot 371. There are also many other nice Parthian coins in that sale (including some buried in the group lots), all with very low starting bids. ;)

TIF, zumbly, Curtisimo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

I already have my eye on one at the CNG auction. I'm going to wait and see if I can snipe it last minute :)

Edit: Of course not if I see one of you fine ladies/gentlemen bid on it ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  6. Parthicus

Parthicus Well-Known Member

Of course, only the Phraataces/Musa drachm from eSale 396 will give you that all-important "From the Parthicus Collection" provenance. :happy:

Mikey Zee, Alegandron and Curtisimo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted