Pocket Change Finds; Post Your Results

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Kevin Mader, Jan 31, 2020.

?

Should this thread be created to capture finds from change and leave CRH threads separate?

Poll closed Feb 14, 2020.
  1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

8.3%
  1. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Thanks for the story Don! It's always nice to see a red LWC in the wild. The penny is worth around 20 cents I suppose, and if it's the rare doubled die...worth plenty!! I always recommend folks travel if and when they can. I've been fortunate to travel to far places in the world on business, but I have been fortunate to visit most of the states...not quite as many as you, but a goal of mine as well. We are really blessed in this country to have some sights to see and spend time exploring. I originally bought my Radio Shak metal detector to do some relic hunting in the south on summer vacations. I never did do that, but I did have fun finding coins and jewelry along with an old artifact here in New England. Have fun checking off number 46!

Skyquest likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Did you ask her why this was kept separately from the till? Nice coin. 1958. Last year of the wheaties too.

4. Vicky shoulders

Vicky shoulders New Member

5. Vicky shoulders

Vicky shoulders New Member

I just opened a mason jar full of wheat pennies, dated back to 1917-1959. Are these worth doing something with? I am separating them into baggies each year, finished through the 1940’s starting the 1950’s. Thanks
    edited

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
    Kevin Mader likes this.
  6. What type of error would this be? 1943 (P)...I wish my camera was better but it's a triangular indent under the "in"

Attached Files:

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Hmm, that's odd. What does the reverse of the coin look like?

Attached Files:

9. I thought it was quite odd as well

10. Kevin Mader

@Vicky shoulders - looks like a fun sort ahead for you. Take your time and do some study on your coins. There are key/semikey dates, varieties and error coins worth hunting for. Use the Search tool to research things here at CT and create questions and post photos on the things you want some feedback on. Create individual threads for your items as this will draw in the most responses. The community here will help you.

@Matthew williams Hard to tell for sure what you have there, but Wartime nickels (silver) are notorious for delamination issues. This might be what you have. Same advice as I had for Vicky. Use the Search tool to look up items, including photo/photography. Lots of helpful tips here from the CT members that can help you snap the best pictures for us to look at. Also, create individual threads for your items. It's the best way to get the most looks. Posting here might reduce your chances of getting a bunch of eyes looking and feedback.

11. Ok thanks for the advice. I'll try to get some hd pics and post a new thread.

12. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

well lemme tell u about my yesterday. i live in a 1 horse town.so i go intothe general store and the guy at the register is making coin rolls with scrap paper to return to the bank halves i paid with earlier.i asked him if there was any other coins he was taking. he says yes and pulls out around 120 sacagaweas.so of course i said ill take those.while shopping he rolls them up. anyways when i opened them ay home heres whay i found.about 20 sba,a whole lotta sacageweas and a proof sba that books at 140.

Attached Files:

Kevin Mader likes this.
  13. Kevin Mader

Getting impaired proofs in change is fun. I have received a nickel, dime and quarter on different occasions. Shiny usually tips off the finder.

14. Check out this pic

15. Kevin Mader

Attached Files:

17. Also I just found a 1968 s penny and under the number 8 is a definite 7.

18. I'll post a pic asap

19. Kevin Mader

I found a 1998 WAM not too long ago from pocket change. Unfortunately, it was a barnacle of a coin (hydrozincite). Let's see what came your way when you post a photo.

20. Here it is

Attached Files:

21. Camera is horrible I'll take better pics and load via PC

Draft saved Draft deleted