PMD coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SWThirteen, Apr 12, 2011.

1. SWThirteen

SWThirteen Needs a 24/7 Coin Shop

Does anyone out there like to collect coins that have weird or interesting damage? If you do, please post them! Include what you think caused the damage. I'm at school right now and don't have pictures, so I'll post my own later on.

I find that damaged coins have there own unique story to tell, and not just the history of the mint they came from.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I don't have anything specific to post, but if I see interest damage in change I will set it aside. I have a randomly painted Kennedy half around here somewhere. I thought the colors were cool so I saved it.

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

This is the only one I could dig out of my files until the photobucket issue is resolved.

Garage job

strk2.jpg

5. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

I collect coins with PMD like the ones shown below:

1936 Hobo Nickel.jpg 5073.jpg 5070.jpg 5069.jpg

6. dcure2002

dcure2002 Old but not that old

Nice nickels Hobo. I particularly like the one on bottom left. Thanks for posting.

7. ronterry

ronterry New Member

I'll have to take a couple of Ike's to the gun range next week and see what a 338 Win Mag, & 50 Beowulf does... Maybe put them up for sale on Ebay afterwords LOL...
    I'll see if I can lathe a couple solids for the Win Mag and try to get a nice hole... HEEEEE
    I have NOOO clue what the Beowulf is going to do??? I typically use 325gr soft points normally used in the Desert Eagle, only much faster... I do have some 400gr monsters - sorry folks just thinking out loud...

8. SWThirteen

SWThirteen Needs a 24/7 Coin Shop

Hey, that's usin the ol' noodle!

Anyway, nice penny and nickles you guys posted. I forgot to post mine when I got home last night, and now I'm back at school... I'll get them eventually.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Here's a Peace Dollar that was left taped inside a birthday card for many years. This was the best I could come up with at the moment.
    1927 Peace Dollar Obv (small).jpg 1927 Peace Dollar Rev (small).jpg

10. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Railroad track Indian head. I didn't do it , I found it in an auction lot.

Attached Files:

11. EvilKidsMeal

EvilKidsMeal New Member

0413111405.jpg 0413111410.jpg 0413111413.jpg

7.62x54R...1939 Mosin Nagant with open sights at 50yds. Taped this Quarter over the bullseye. Took a couple of shots, but I got him right in the forehead.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, but you get the idea.

12. Mark14

Mark14 Star Wide Receiver

i have alot of PMD, including road rash, railroad track, bent rim and corrosion, i have about a mason jar full, these are just a few favorites.

zzz.jpg zzzz.jpg z.jpg zz.jpg

13. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Dang! You must of found a tight barrel/bullet combo to get that kind of accuracy! My Nagant's require hand loads and wide .312 bullets and it still won't hit the broad side of a barn?
    NICE SHOT! I can actually see the medal moving out of the way in slow motion :)

14. EvilKidsMeal

EvilKidsMeal New Member

It was with my buddies 1939, before he accurized the barrel. Believe it or not we were using run of the mill surplus ammo. If it's any consolation to you though, when I hit this one I was aiming low right, not at the bull. But yea really accurate, because that was actually the first time I ever shot a Nagant, so I may have been pulling shots a little (hence me adjusting low right). Haven't tried this with my own yet though.

15. ikandiggit

16. ikandiggit

17. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

18. ikandiggit

19. EvilKidsMeal

EvilKidsMeal New Member

20. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

...cs1.jpg cs2....jpg
    ...Got to love the counterstamped ones too! :hammer:

21. Siggi Palma

Siggi Palma Well-Known Member

I love PMds, they sometimes look like small art :)

Draft saved Draft deleted