Please Share What You Do with Your Collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JCro57, Dec 4, 2018.

1. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Write it off as a "field loss"?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hookman and Seattlite86 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

What you folks call woobies we old timers called poncho liners. I had my tailor in
    Vietnam turn a poncho liner into two custom CPO jackets which were adorned with regular unit and novelty patches and became my tour jackets. They don't fit me anymore so they were handed down to my grand daughters. i

Hookman and Seattlite86 like this.
  4. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

When we built our house it was built around a walk in vault in the basement behind a sliding wall. I consider myself a hoarder and I mostly use 24 compartment fishing tackle boxes to sort the hoard. I do keep the better coins in 2x2 in 100 compartment boxes, but the majority are separated (picture below) by denomination, date, and mint. These are usually the circulated coins pulled to save. IMG_0876 (1).JPG IMG_0877 (1).JPG IMG_0883.JPG IMG_0878 (1).JPG

5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Haha! I’m not big on doing that, but it’s a grand idea.

6. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

What I have done with my 2 favorite collections is buy several Capital plastic frames 5X6 inch, 6X8 inch, and 3.5X6 inch then get a lot of card board and cut out my own customized coin arrangement. I did this with several hundred U.S. coins, mostly my U.S. coin series 1929-2009, and much of my U.S. type set.

7. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Oh yes, and I happily exhibit my fun collection/s to anyone interested to see.

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Thread has me thinking.... I did used to display my collection until I had an unfortunate run in with a distant nephew that needed a place to stay while in town and took it upon himself to lighten my load so to speak...... It does disturb me now that to enjoy my collection I have to unpack my safe. It should be out so the grandkids can see them and such. Perhaps I shouldn't have everything locked down so tightly.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. The Fonz

The Fonz In God We Trust - All Others Pay Cash

I just like to look at the collection from time to time. My son, who is 15, likes to look at it as well. He is a carbon copy of me at that age - he is interested in history and anything that is old/antique. I'll show it to anyone showing an interest in coins or history.

I don't have anything of great value, so my collection is just housed in the standard 2x2 holders in some coin boxes (seperated by U.S., Australian, and foreign coins). They are locked in a small, antique safe that probably weighs about 300 pounds. I didn't get the safe for my collection; it was something I obtained before I started collecting.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. bsting

bsting Never enough coins.lol

That’s unfortunate with your nephew. But it would be nice to have some on display for the grandkids too see. I’d take some out that are fun that they would like to see and leave them on display. Then from time to time share some others. Giving them something new to see when they come over would always keep them interested.

Hookman and Randy Abercrombie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted