Please Share What You Do with Your Collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JCro57, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Awesome to get something like that for free! I assume you changed the combination, but if you need help with that, my dad is a very skilled locksmith and I'm sure he could provide assistance if you have questions.

Did you remember to kill all men and even the cat to ensure the location is never revealed? (only kidding)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Perhaps this is very ignorant, but I don't fear any burglary of my house. I have what I call my "shrine"
    It is a single square of my book shelf which is decorated in numismatic things. Some coins, some stickers and posters. A little artsy fartsy. I'll try to post a picture later.
    All my other coins, supplies and numismatic stuff are in a small filing cabinet.

JCro57 likes this.
  4. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Haha. Not yet. But I do have dirt on all of them if I suspect funny business. (It was my sister's).

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. Seattlite86

I would highly recommend it, simply to remove any question about who has access. How many people did they share it with, for example. Anyway, your safe, your call. I’m happy to help if needed.

JCro57 likes this.
  6. khalil elara

khalil elara Active Member

i do agree 100% don`ot say thing because walls have eayers

JCro57 likes this.
  7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

play with them.

make believe that I just found that Bust half $ in my change.

dream

Seattlite86 and RonSanderson like this.
  8. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

The bulk of my collection resides at the bank in safety deposit. $30 a year is chump change for peace of mind. I have good photos of all pieces so never really a need to take them out of there, but typically I'll nab a few if I'm off to a coin show (to use as trade material). For the less $$ stuff and the what-nots, I have a wooden cabinet in my closet.

1916D10C and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. BoonTheGoon

BoonTheGoon Grade A mad lad

With me and worrying of people taking my coins, well I will use my entrencher shovel from ww2. I live for my collection of coins and hats so if anyone wants to take it I am going down with it! WIN_20180916_11_51_59_Pro.jpg Or I just spook them with this :p

10. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

20181205_175432-1.jpg 20181205_175606-1.jpg

A misc. blend of albums, binders with 2x2 sleeves, tubes, coin boxes and random shelves. What good is a collection if you cannot flip through and fondle it? Of course we do not have any of the spectacular or rare things that many of you'all have.....yet.
    Oh, and tackle boxes set up for CRHing several denominations such as this one for KHD.

20181205_180841.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

For the most part, I store it. When I'm studying something, I'll pull pieces out, and I'm constantly rotating through a section of it taking new photographs.

When I have friends over that I know will be interested, I might pull a couple of special pieces out. Most of my friends are not numismatic, but they like to hear cool stories about rare pieces.

Hookman and JCro57 like this.
  12. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Honestly, I get more people interested in my errors, varieties, and counterfeits than my standard stuff!

Hookman likes this.
  13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And this thread was so tempting...........I will comply.

Kasia and JCro57 like this.
  14. BoonTheGoon

15. Seattlite86

Can I get a full shot of the entrenching tool you have there? Looks very similar to the current one we use. We call them e-tools though (entrenching tool). That and the woobie are by far the two best items Soldiers get issued.

16. BoonTheGoon

I will try and get better photo, but it is in bad condition it can't even fold up due to rust on it, once I find telephone to take photo (I lost it in the sea of things in my room)

Seattlite86 likes this.
  17. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I really don’t worry that much. Especially where I live. Bunch of rednecks around here. But we look after each other The nra life member stickers on my vehicles should help serve as a warning And lag bolts into 200 year old beams keep the safes from being easy to move

18. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

I just don't go shooting off my mouth that I collect coins to anybody, nor do I brag about what I own. It's not something I'm comfortable sharing, and many people think spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a rare coin is foolish. And, like someone else already mentioned, the wrong person hears about it and you could have a home invader looking for the collection and other valuables you may possess.

"There are three things a man keeps private. His love life, his income, and his next move." (AND HIS COIN COLLECTION!!!!!!)

19. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

I see a Merc Album on that shelf. :D:p

SlipperySocks likes this.
  20. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Any one need one ? on eBay :

21. Seattlite86

Thanks, but I have my own modern army issue with metal handle. Of course I have to return it when I’m done playing army.

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted