Please help

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lisa rosenberg, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Lisa rosenberg

Lisa rosenberg New Member

I have these 2 misprinted dollar bills. My grandmother got them from a woman who had just gotten them from the bank, many years ago. I am trying to figure out what they might be worth. Inspecting the misprints, the folded portion of the back is actually printed on the front of the other one, but backwards. Please, any help would be amazing! Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That is an awesome printing error!
    Highly desirable!

juris klavins and Lisa rosenberg like this.
  4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

of all of the stuff that gets posted here, very little is of real value. These bills have collector value, congrats!

Now let's wait for the experts to tell us how much...

juris klavins and Lisa rosenberg like this.
  5. John Petty

John Petty New Member

When I was at Heritage, I remember selling the "Banana Note," a $20 bill that had gone through the printing process with a Dole banana sticker on the obverse. IIRC, it sold for $25k. Errors like these are so uncommon due to the stringent quality controls at the facilities that make them. These notes should have been destroyed, and the sheet to which they belonged replaced with star bills. I'd recommend talking to one of the big auction houses for a real idea of value.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood @Lisa rosenberg !

Those are really cool!

Chris

juris klavins likes this.
  7. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

Super real nice error notes , if they were mine they would be off to PCGS for currency grading. Someone who specializes and collects error notes would probably love to have them! GOOD LUCK ( and don't misplace them please}

juris klavins likes this.
  8. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

Contact an Error note Dealer. I can give you several names and phone numbers if you private message (PM) me.

9. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Those are the best paper money finds I have seen on here for quite a while.

What to do?

Well, you have a few choices.

1. Put them in a drawer somewhere and forget about them until someone later finds them and deposits them in the bank for $1 each.

2. Sell them and do something nice for yourself with the money you make.

3. Become a currency collector and use those as your starting point!

Most any dealer would be happy to purchase those.

10. David Setree Rare Coins

The only downside to error notes is that most are collected by type and the BEP continues to make the same errors.

Hence they become less rare as time goes on.

Kinda like the clip cents, bland planchets and such. When I was young and off center cent would be at least $5 but I recently bought $20 of them in auction for less than $1 each.

11. Drawde

DSR rare Coin, you are wrong about the BEP continue to make the same errors! I personally have not seen a Face to Back or Back to Face overprint for the 2013 $1 notes... I would be pleased if you can display one.

12. David Setree Rare Coins

Awe, Hang in there. They'll screw up in all the millions of notes they print. Just because we haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist.

Non-collector tellers everywhere pick them out and take them home and they aren't known to the numismatic community for many years.

13. Drawde

With trepidation, I believe it is possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted