please help ID coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by kon, Jun 13, 2005.

1. kon

kon Junior Member

Hello
    Can you please help me ID some coins from my collection, I've tried identifying them but I'm not too sure that I am correct. I don't know where 1 is from, 2 I think is either Syrian or Egyptian, while 4 and 5 I guessare Nepalese. My guess on numvber 3 is that its either Korean or Japanese. What do you think?
    Thanks, kon

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Hi Kon. Welcome to the forum.

#3 is a cu-ni Taisho 12 (1922) 5 sen from Japan, Y#44, probably in VF to XF condition, worth 25-50¢ at retail.

Sorry, I don't have time right now to check out any of the others, but I think you are on the right track. I'm leaning toward Egypt on #2.

4. kon

kon Junior Member

Hi Satootoko, thanks for indentifying the third coin!

5. Tre

Tre Member

I do not know any specifics, but coin 2 is from Syria, and coins 4 and 5 are from Nepal.

Edit:
    Egypt and Libya also used the Eagle design on coin 2 at one point of time, so I'm not sure.

6. kon

kon Junior Member

Thanks Tre, Satooko!
    Can someone please help ID the first coin cuz the only thing I know is that it's arabian and I can't home in on any of the specifics as I only can decipher numbers in arabic. Can enlarge the picture, if that helps.
    Thanks, kon

7. pab

pab New Member

Looking at the crown on the first set of pictures, coin No 1 might well be from Morroco - not totally sure though.

Regards,

P.

8. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

#1 & #2 are both from Libya.
    You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.

9. giladzuc

giladzuc Senior Member

Libya , Japan , Nepal.

Draft saved Draft deleted