Please help collect data on these notes from circulation....

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Numbers, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Several different interesting things have been going on at the BEP lately, and in order to keep track of it all, I could use some help looking for certain notes in circulation:

1. LEPE vs. COPE $1 printings: The BEP is now using two different sorts of overprinting lines for the $1's printed at Fort Worth. The only way to tell the difference is to do some arithmetic with the serial number and the plate position, since the two use different layouts of the serials on the sheets. Here's a page with the gory details of the calculations, and also with a breakdown of the serial ranges known to have been printed each way. If you find any Series 2009 $1 notes from the serial ranges shown in gray, please post the serial number and plate position data in order to help classify these ranges as LEPE or COPE printings.

2. Series 2006A $100 printings at Fort Worth: The BEP recently confirmed that (at least) some of the $100 printings at Fort Worth were done using plates from Washington, so that the notes do *not* carry the "FW" mark or the large-font BP number typical of Fort Worth notes. We don't know exactly which printings were done this way; so far the only confirmed one is the star run from KK06400001* to KK08320000*, but there are probably more, and I suspect that maybe even *all* the Fort Worth printings are like this. If you find any 2006A $100's from the serial ranges printed in Fort Worth (shown in purple on this page), please post the serial number and whether or not the note has the "FW" mark.

3. Series 2006 $100 printings at Fort Worth: Unlike the 2006A version, the 2006 Fort Worth $100's remain completely unseen, to my knowledge. If you find any 2006 $100's from the serial ranges printed in Fort Worth (shown in purple on this page), please do let the world know that they exist after all! Given the 2006A situation above, we probably can't count on these notes carrying the "FW" mark even if they do exist, so you'll likely have to hunt for them by serial ranges.

Many thanks for keeping an eye out for all of these! :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

I checked the $100s I have and they don't fall into your purple groups. Sorry! But I'll keep an eye on it. I don't have any 2009 $1s at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted