Please Grade This 1825 Quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Eduard, Oct 1, 2026 at 1:56 PM.

  1. Eduard

    Eduard Supporter** Supporter

    I've had this coin since the late 80's when I bought it a a B&M auction.

    Bowers described it (more or less) as follows: untoned (or bright maybe, I don't remember), reflective surfaces, with a hairline or two in front to the bust, otherwise free of marks.

    I've had her sitting on a tray on and off for decades....this is what she looks like today.
    Some peripheral toning has developed and the surfaces have become less bright over the years.
    As mentioned, the surfaces are reflective and free of traces of cleaning. BUT, there is a hairline in front of the bust, mostly visible if you look at it at an angle. Quite a nice coin, in fact.

    With all that said, how would you grade her today?

    1825 quarter - OBV:REV - large format - VGP - 2023 - Nice Natural.png
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. Mr.Q

    Mr.Q Well-Known Member

    I'm not a good guesser MS-60
     
  4. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    With the west I’m seeing on the eagle feathers and claws and on Liberty’s hair I’d be at a XF-45, maybe AU-50.
    Very nice looking coin and free of marks.
     

Share This Page