Plastic case for my 1 oz proof 2017 AGE

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Fender Bender, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Fender Bender

Fender Bender Member

I ordered it from the US Mint and received last week.

Unfortunately, when removing the coin from it's two sided plastic case, the case cracked.

I called and e-mailed the US Mint and they would not send or let me buy a new plastic case.

So, can someone let me know who produces or sells the exact same plastic case that I can buy from? It needs to be the same exterior diameter to fit in the felt folder hole.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

If this is what your looking for, PM me your address and I'll mail you one. 0928171751.jpg

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Look up Air-Tite capsules

5. Fender Bender

Fender Bender Member

Thanks for the offer of mailing one. It's appreciated, but would like to know who actually makes them and how to buy them. My Fender Bender name is no mistake. I break just about everything I come into contact with. :)

My local coin dealer and I both looked at Air-Tites. But, the outside diameter was to big to fit in the US Mint felt hole.

Beefer518 likes this.
  6. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

7. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Your welcome, by the way what coin is it for?

9. Fender Bender

Fender Bender Member

Thanks for the responses and links. Gives me lots of options to try. It does seem that buying a new one is not an option though.

The capsule is for a 2017 1 ounce gold proof American Eagle.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Nice acquisition. Others may disagree, but I personally think it's kind of -- well, use what ever term you want -- for the Mint not to send you a replacement. That's not a lowball purchase. Oh, well....

I believe I have a spare air-tite if you need it. I use them for my AGE bullion coins.

11. Fender Bender

Fender Bender Member

By the way, I've seen some info on here about companies that build custom capsules to order.

Can someone post a link to one of them?

Draft saved Draft deleted