Ping-pong Inspiration; Antioch Coinage

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Justin Lee, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

Amen brothers and sisters.

ominus1, Deacon Ray and Justin Lee like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

I used Photoshop for this one... The denominations visual I made a couple weeks ago I used Illustrator for layout and Photoshop for the coin image editing.

4. Justin Lee

We could always make Emperor/Coin Trading Cards, á la 70s-80s baseball cards?
    [​IMG]
    Hadrian-Romans-Trading-Card.jpg

5. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

ahaha...you are now the poster poster child/man/person :p(i'm just jokin' wif ya , they are kool! :))

Deacon Ray and Justin Lee like this.
  6. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

I think you've got a winner there, Justin! That would be a great promotional campaign for a coin show.

7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

The image is more about the emperor than the coin but in the spirit of baseball cards the reverse could be like battles/campaigns lost and won, dates of rule, major historical contributions...

Justin Lee likes this.
  8. Justin Lee

I like that idea! After I threw that together and ran off to a meeting, I was thinking the exact same thing about the obverse of the card being person focused vs coin focused. I'd work on a layout that had maybe a vertical obverse and reverse of a coin, and a small circle of the emperor in the bottom right (and we'll see how much of the attribution fits on the front), then the back is details like references, emperor "stats" or location "stats" imagery, etc.

If anyone wants to provide a coin, ID info, and coin/emperor/location "stats" for a few coins, it'd be fun to experiment with this idea of Ancient coin trading cards...
    Yes!!! Exactly that! I was kind of thinking of a practice ancient coin ID-ing quiz for those new where you drag and drop coins onto attributions.

Or at a coin show, have different booths have different circle stickers with coins on them and patrons would have a sheet that they would collect and fill up that had empty slots along side attributions.

Theodosius and Deacon Ray like this.
  9. Justin Lee

Or we should create a series/set of circular coasters with ancient coins, Obv on one side, Rev on the other. With ID info in small type circular around the coin.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  10. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Remember the board game Masterpiece? You could make that game but with ancient coins instead of famous fine art. I'd play! :D

[​IMG]

dlhill132, Theodosius, Orfew and 4 others like this.
  11. Justin Lee

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    dlhill132 and TIF like this.
  12. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

You are most welcome to play with any of my images on my web pages for your non-commercial, educational, school, church or home fun purposes. If you are planning on selling things, we should talk. I might suggest the coins on my quiz page
    http://www.forumancientcoins.com/dougsmith/quiz.html
    for small tokens or click on appropriate ones of my favorites to go to larger images and ID's
    http://www.forumancientcoins.com/dougsmith/favs.html

Of course you may want to generate ID's in your own preferred format. If you are looking for a huge poster size image to promote a coin show, I can supply larger versions of most. You also may find some of the big dealers are willing to allow use of their images for non-profit uses but I might suggest not promoting a coin show with a few cheap coins using $100,000 gold coin photos.

Justin Lee and Deacon Ray like this.
  13. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Those look very nice, I'd love to see it in giant poster form, it would look great.

Here's mine!

icebreaker-bobross.jpg

14. arashpour

arashpour Well-Known Member

My nero antioch coin.
    ex ayoub abdo collection
    Catalog: Prieur 82 (66 ex) RPC.4182 RPC.4182 McAlee 258
    Weight: 14.00 g

Nero_antioch (2).jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted