Pin A Post?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Skippy Topaz, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Would it be a good idea to Pin a post or create a single thread for some of the same type posts/questions like a "Keep or Spend?" thread that all of those can be consolidated in one place? I figure if a couple of the FAQ are pinned at the top of the Paper Money Forum they'd be seen right away and it would stay up there and note fade away to page three and then not be seen by the next person with the same question...

I was thinking a "Keep our Spend" pin could cover fancy serial numbers, low serial numbers, off-set numbers, possible printing errors, mis-cuts and on and on... maybe the "New Acquisitions" can be pinned as well... maybe there's another frequently asked/posted question that could be consolidated as well

Anyway... just a thought... if it's a bad one, that's cool... just figured I'd throw it out there...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Skippy Topaz

You're asking this in the wrong place. You should post this in "Support & Feedback" where Peter and/or the mods will be sure to read it.

Chris

4. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Basically, that is what Peter has tried to do with the 'Home' page. But most new users come directly into the forums, bypassing those threads and also skipping the rules forum. The big problem is that members have different ideas of what is important enough for the home page listing, or others would be posting contrary info or just make remarks they shouldn't. So I am happy how it is, and if you find one thread you specifically think should be there , send a message to Peter saying why, etc.

Jim

6. lettow

lettow Senior Member

Old members come directly to the forums also. I was a member for many years before I knew there was a buy - sell page here. Probably been more than a year since I've looked at it last. Longer since I've been to the home page.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Well, most do just that, straight to the forums. I have a different dashboard, as there are red engine lights for "reported posts", and other happenings to focus on, other than just the areas I enjoy, so I mainly hit the "New posts" button over and over , like many others :)

8. lettow

lettow Senior Member

I'm not a coin collector so the only page here I am interested in is the paper money forum. Anchored posts make sense here since I suspect most users don't look elsewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted