Pile of World Silver

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by furryfrog02, Aug 24, 2019.

1. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

That's one of my goals, acquire a silver coin from each potential country.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

What no Estonia? Seriously you have a nice pile. I sell my duplicates for melt at my local coin club in twenty coin sheets.

4. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Yeah a few of that 41 are former British colonies like Ceylon, British East Africa, etc...
    I didn't count the different German states like Bavaria or Wurttemburg.
    So I guess the numbers depend on how you count those.
    How would you suggest adding ancients? That'd be really tough. I've got Roman, Greek, Indo-scythian, Sasasanian. But then you can break those down even further. The limits
    are endless.[/QUOTE]

Personally I try to get four coins from each coin producing country or empire. If I liked Germany I would try to get one from each state; same for Italy and india. If I went after switzerland I would seek each canton. I like rome so I have a low grade type collection going for emperors. When I start on Greece I'll try to get each city state. I like every country that issued cash style coins and am working on emporer sets. My collection is not advanced. Most minor coins come from junk boxes and bulk lots. I get almost all my silver for melt or less. I like endless limits because I like to always have something to look for. If I put limits on it I would complete it. Once it is complete there is no reason not to sell it and go do something else.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Estonia hasn't been in the offerings I've purchased yet. :) The best part of that is I get most of it at or below spot. I buy it whenever I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted