Pictures of my latest coins for NGC submission

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Aug 15, 2015.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I spent the better part of the night picking out which coins I wanted to send, and getting them ready. It always takes longer than I expect. I have a decent hoard of gold, and every year or 2 pick out some to get graded. I picked 14 this time. Also, notice the submission number? I noticed It was fairly close to ending in 8000, so I MIGHT have clicked refresh 10 or 50 times to get a cooler number on my holders. Anyone else ever do this? I also tried lining up some of the coin dates with the coin numbers. I did not spend much time on the pictures, but oh well. Here are my 14....

ngc submission 008.JPG ngc submission 009.JPG ngc submission 010.JPG ngc submission 011.JPG Here are 3 toners in a row... 1911 (in 11 spot), 1929, then 1913 (in 13 spot).
    ngc submission 014.JPG 1914 is in 14 spot
    ngc submission 016.JPG

Here are a few that did not make the cut this time.
    ngc submission 018.JPG
    I am hoping this one does well, I am in love with this coin! Hard to capture the colors.
    ngc submission 004.JPG ngc submission 005.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

You do have a great hoard of $2.50 Indians.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Good Luck :happy:

Celebrate2.gif

dwhiz and jwitten like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Nice group. Hope it turns out great.

jwitten likes this.
  5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Wow, quite a nice stash of gold! thumbsup.gif Great lookin' toner!! Are the ones that didn't make the cut fake or just poor condition?

6. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

Absolute stunners, I see a lot of luster on a number of them! The coin which will be getting my favorite cert#..."-007" looks to have a bit of solder on it (just before the "LI") from the pics, but I know that can't be the case. May your submission be quick, your graders feel generous, and may all your grades be numeric!

Also, yeah, I was starting to collect ngc graded coins with the last 3 digits of "007". Had a very cool toned Buffalo Nickel set MS-65's, 1st year and last year with Double O Seven's, haha :)

jwitten likes this.
  7. jwitten

Actually, it IS solder. This one is in poor condition, but I am hoping for a 1911-D weak d.

8. jwitten

Neither. The ones in the bag are all 1911 coins, or good conditions in other dates. I just don't want to pay to have that many coins graded all at once, so I pick a few every year or two.

9. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

Are they predominately 1911? They are all so pretty!

10. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

That would mean I was right about something!!! Wait until I tell my family, they'll be shocked...They said it would never happen!

jwitten likes this.
  11. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

Wonderful collection.
    Hope we'll get to see them again once they've been slabbed.

jwitten likes this.
  12. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I have a question, when you put an insurance value on them, are you guessing the grade on the way back, or will NGC let you add insurance value after their graded ...

13. jwitten

I just insure for close to what I paid. Since I am hoping they don't get lost as registered mail, it hopefully doesn't matter much.

Most of the ones in the bag are 1911, but I think I am only grading 4.

14. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

jeeezus i just want one.. all these years never had one!!!!

jwitten likes this.
  15. jwitten

These coins have been stuck in Atlanta on the way to NGC since the 19th.... boy I hope there are no issues.

16. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'm most intrigued by #012. The colors on that one appear attractive in your pictures - colorful toned gold is highly enigmatic.

17. jwitten

#12 is probably my favorite coin I've owned. I REALLY hope it grades well, but even if it doesn't I probably won't ever sell it. I have seen toned gold (11 and 13 are toned as well), but never the blues, purples, etc in this one.

18. jwitten

They have now been graded, and are in quality control. Grades should be posted soon.. I am so nervous! Looks like none are listed as a weak D, which I was really hoping for. I hope they did not label them as 1911 for the grader, and not 1911 possible D like I said, because I REALLY wanted the graders to look hard for signs of some D's!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Travlntiques likes this.
  19. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Even if you mislabel it, they will catch it. If there was a D, they would see it.

20. jwitten

Not necessarily. I submitted a bunch of 1911 possible weak d, and all came back normal 1911. I thought one still was, so submitted it again. The second time it came back weak D. And also, on a lot of the weak D coins, you literally can not see any D. There are a few small diagnostics to look for, and if you are not particularly looking for those, you would not know it was a weak D.

21. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Now if I ask nicely... and say please, can I have one? :D

jwitten likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted