Pickups from Baltimore

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by BRandM, Mar 16, 2013.

1. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Irvin Smith.jpg This is the latest addition to my NJ obsolete collection. I bought it from Allan Teal at the Baltimore coin show yesterday. Although not in the best condition it's rated an R-6 in the Wait reference (5 to 10 known) so I was happy to find this example. Wait lists it as an "unknown issuer" because the example he has in his book is unsigned. The "25" in the red margin to the left is also missing from his. Mine is signed by someone named Irvin Smith who I haven't been able to trace yet but with a little more work should be able to. The note was printed by Harris at 4th and Vine sts. in Philadelphia. Happy to get this one and add it to my collection. Thanks for looking.

Bruce

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice find Bruce Baltimore is my home town ...with that said I am a little bias but what alot of people don't know is that There are alot of Nusmatic items that are found here...it's been a hub for coin collectors for as long as I can recall.

4. BRandM

Thanks Paddy. I love the Baltimore shows and go to all of them. They always draw well...both collectors and dealers which is why they have three shows a year. Do you get a chance to get down home for a show once in awhile?

Bruce

5. BRandM

AC 1.jpg AC 2.jpg Here's an advertising note I bought at Balto. along with the obsolete. I don't normally buy this type of note but its from my home state and advertises the Steel Pier in Atlantic City. The real interesting part though is the back that informs readers of the pending issuance of the "new" small size notes by the government. Their size is the same as this advertising piece. Apparently, it was issued in 1929. Sorry the pictures are so small but if you click on them a couple of times you can read it clearly.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted