Pick up: Hibernian £5 Ploughman 1938 AU

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by marbury518, Jul 4, 2021.

1. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Lovely addition to my 100_5749.JPG 100_5750.JPG collection.......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

You got that at a great price, and have good tastes - I’m glad to see the one that outbid me will enjoy it

4. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Not sure why I outbid you as I think it's worth well in excess of £2200. I just sold a VF30 for £1200......same bank. Will see about hanging on to it for the long term collection........know anyone who is good at valuing graded notes? Commonwealth etc....my Australian collection have fractional prefixes, underprints, thin and think signatures.....need a real expert.

I use Fedex...so arriving tomorrow......one thing, also bought very expensive notes from STATUS INTERNATIONAL Australia and they not even put the right address on the package....and no apology.......still missing.

5. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

J

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Outbid because I hae me sights in others coming in the fall. And I prefer to buy my British and Irish in N. America where many have not much interest in them- for instance the Caledonian quid I picked up for a pittance last year - if had gone in Spink, Baldwins or DNW would have sold for at least twice as much with several bidders instead of just me.

7. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

I agree...if the Ploughman was in DNW.....would not have had a chance....lovely Australian predecimal £10 arriving this morning....with my lots from N America.

Draft saved Draft deleted