Featured Photo Editing and Presentation With Photoscape

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, May 15, 2011.

1. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Hey green, you get a giant gold star from me, this is a great thread! :thumb:
    Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It was extremely helpful! now I just need to get faster at it LOL! Can this thread be put somewhere safe other than subscribing to it? It would be GREAT for people with Photo questions (like me) to be able to fined it quickly without have to search for it.

Thanks Again Green NICE JOB!!!!!!!! :hail:
    Mark in NJ

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Iceman57

Iceman57 Junior Member

Thank you so very much for telling us about this program, I just did a test picture and it worked out great. I have two other programs and it wouldn't let me crop in the round like this one did. I love this new program,,,,once again thank you,,,its great.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mark, you will get faster at it. The more you work with the program, the more familiar it becomes. :)

Gotta love the "crop in the round" capability Iceman. It's almost as if the folks who made this program had us collectors in mind. :)

5. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

great programme ken i am using it at present to udpate all my photos..........

6. Iceman57

Iceman57 Junior Member

This is a great little program ,,,I just finished working on one.

1940 2K SP1A.jpg

7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Great post Green. I've been using this program since we talked about it last year and I still am amazed at how awesome it is for a free program. Some of us have gotten used to using it and take it for granted, not realizing how many new people are around. This thread is well worth it.

Once you get used to the program, it's easy to mess around with all the features available. Some people like it better than photoshop. Works great for coins especially. The brighten feature helps my pics a lot.

One thing I learned after a while of using it was that when you crop using a circle, you can grab the little squares and adjust one side at a time to crop it perfectly around any round shape. Really like the background colors you can change behind the crop too.

8. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Well, ya know what they say "There's always one". Always one who has or is a problem. This time it's me. Great. I can't seem to be able to download the Photoscape program. I got to a point where you click to download now, did that and a couple of other clicks. Downloading takes place and I end up with a program called Gimp2. It's icon a picture of a fox with a paintbrush in its mouth. What's up with that? Is that what you guys got? Any help would be appreciated for sure.

OK, OK. Duh. I got it figured out. I have it now. Pretty nice!

9. calumsherwood

calumsherwood New Member

i used to use photo gimp 2.2 which was just so over complicated and then i was told about photo scape and i get just great results. its a million times better then what i used to use

Attached Files:

tpsadler likes this.
  10. TexasJarhead

TexasJarhead Junior Member

Awesome

I was getting ready to spend $40.00 on the Corel PaintShop Photo® Pro X3 but couldn't tell if it cropped in the round. Their website doesn't have a whole lot about the features available.

Then I remembered this post and did a search for it. Absolutely awesome. I bought my first DSLR last week and am learning that and needed a photo editing tool. I feel like I've made a big step with the attached photo.

Thanks much.

Attached Files:

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Lookin' good 'Jarhead......:)

12. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Nice Job Jarhead!, one thing I found is using a copystand helps alot too. I don't know if you have one but it makes life EASY!

13. au and ms coins

au and ms coins Junior Member

thanks for bumping this post, i missed it before. Really informative! gotta try it out

14. au and ms coins

barber dime complete picture.jpg ANACS Au 58
    Tried it out.. here are the results! the pictures need work, but I guess its okay for my first try:)

Attached Files:

15. au and ms coins

uh.. dont know how the civil war commemorative 50c picture got there.

16. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

[​IMG]
    This was my first attempt! I love it! By the way, is this a rare coin?

17. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Great presentation green18! :D

18. Alex491

Alex491 Boy Scout

Photoscape

This is my first time using this program. Thank you green18 for making this post!

Attached Files:

19. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

They must have a different version now. I downloaded the program and it is totally different from what your pics show. I hate being PC stupid!:confused:

20. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I just worked on this 1882 Morgan a little too much relfection 1882 morgan Lightly toned w ref.jpg

Try #2 1886 NGC MS64 Old SLAB 2-horz.jpg

21. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I finally figured out I had that Gimp 2 software.:mad: And now for my first Photoscape....

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted