Philippines Type Set Completed

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sonlarson, Mar 24, 2017.

1. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

This is a type set I have been working on and off for a couple of years. I finally got all the pieces together and am almost ready to publish the album. I realize that the reverse are shown with medal alignment instead of coin alignment but it's so strange viewing them "upside down". This is the premiere version and I still have a little fine tuning before publishing. Thing about expanding the history to 2 pages so I can expand on the era. I may have condensed it too much. I have plenty more to add but was trying to maintain the "album" format. A couple of the coins, I am still searching for upgrades for. The 1928/7 25 Centavos is proving to be elusive. Also KM# 180 5 Centavos in years 1937,1938 or 1941. Comments welcome.

COVER.jpg front inside pg1.jpg pg 2 pg3.jpg pg4 pg5.jpg pg6 back inside.jpg

Michael K, alurid, dadams and 10 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Very nice set. Philippine designs are some of my favorites.

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Nice looking set.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Very nice set.....and I love the eagle and shield one the early 1 peso coins......so much I've have included it in my type dollars set. As it was minted here and is a crown. :)

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Great set!
    Can you explain the 20 Centavos mule?

7. sonlarson

A mule is a coin that has a design intended for another coin. Most of the time it's an error. In this case it was intentional. The obverse is an 1928 20 Centavos and the reverse is from the die of a 1927 5 Centavos. Thus the mule part. The 8 was overstruck on the 1927 die creating the overdate, which is not usually visible except on higher grade coins. Mintage was only 100,000

Pickin and Grinin and paddyman98 like this.
  8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

very nice set. congrats on the completion.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  9. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

I think this comes down to aesthetics. If this is to be designed as an album version, the alignment should be represented. There were a couple of times when I was designing the Japanese and Korean type set album when the orientation was switched from coin alignment to medal alignment. For reasons why - I don't know. This will neglect the importance of such changes.

Take a US coin album or any coin alignment type set albums and flip the pages.

10. sonlarson

The final completed version that I publish will be correct in alignment. I'll have both versions on my PC for my viewing. It's just a matter of preference. If I was doing for someone else I would let them decide how they want to view it.

11. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

Great set! Congrats!!

12. sonlarson

Draft saved Draft deleted