WTS: Philippines 1908/1908 S/S/S 1 Centavo NGC MS64BN (auction)

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by stldanceartist, Feb 3, 2022.

1. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Philippines - 1908/1908 S/S/S 1 Centavo (Allen 2.06b) NGC MS64BN TONED

Variety Description: Strongly repunched date and triple punched San Francisco mint mark.

Catalog: KM 163

Mintage: 2,187,000

NGC Population: 14 total examples graded. Highest grade at NGC in RB is MS64; highest grade at NGC in BN is also MS64.

BN: AU58 (2) MS62 (5) MS63 (1) MS64 (2)

RB: MS63 (1) MS64 (3)

Auction Link

Philippines - 1908 S 1 Centavo NGC MS64BN Slab - Obverse.jpg

Philippines - 1908 S 1 Centavo NGC MS64BN Slab - Reverse.jpg

Very, very, VERY scarce coin - especially in Mint State grades. So scarce, in fact, that few auction results exist - so the only fair way to accurately gauge the value is to throw out the price guide value ($675 in MS64BN) and place the coin at auction. A recent PCGS MS65 MS65RB sold through Heritage on January 14, 2022 for $5,040 (includes Buyer's Premium.) In my opinion, and I think my pictures will demonstrate this, my coin is much more attractive than that example in terms of eye appeal. The last previous auction result I can find is from 2014. Coins like this do NOT come available for sale often!

I personally submitted this coin to NGC last year and just received it back - meaning it's a fresh, clean slab. If you require any additional photos beyond the ones provided, or have any further questions about the coin, please feel free to ask. I am here to help.

NO BUYER'S PREMIUM to worry about - the price it reaches is the price you will pay. I will ship this item via USPS Priority Registered Mail (fully insured) within 24 hours of receipt of payment (assuming the post office is open, of course - if not, I will have the label scanned in as soon as possible.)

expat, SchwaVB57, spirityoda and 2 others like this.