Peru Sol - 1975-1976 - Off Center Strikes - Manhattan Collection

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by paddyman98, May 21, 2018.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hi all,
    I just wanted to share my latest Mint Error Foreign coins.
    I picked up 5 Peru Sol with Various Off Center percentages

Enjoy :woot:
    001 a.PNG 002 a.PNG 003 a.PNG 005 a.PNG 006 a.PNG

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    dchjr, Michael K and Oldhoopster like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

Here are the Reverse sides in order -
    001 b.PNG 002 b.PNG 003 b.PNG 005 b.PNG 006 b.PNG

4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

I see you have all of the US mint errors so now your branching out. LOL
    Dave

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

The Manhattan Collection is by..
    Brigandi Coins in Manhattan NYC -
    20180521_174853-1.jpg

@JCro57 - Any interest in this type of Mint Error? ;)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    JCro57 and Dave363 like this.
  6. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

@paddyman98 question, why do some off centers stretch the planchet out of a perfect circle and others dont?

eric6794 likes this.
  7. paddyman98

Good question.
    I believe the answer is because of the amount of pressure applied to the Planchet. The more Off Center the more expansion occurs. Striking pressure is measured in Tons. So if the Blank is struck uncentered then the pressure is applied outward.

eric6794 likes this.
  8. CoinBlazer

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. CoinBlazer

Can you tell us what these were valued at?

10. paddyman98

I can't mention the price I paid for each here because if my wife reads this post and finds out she will murderize me :dead:

eric6794 and CoinBlazer like this.
  11. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Well, I think these are neat, but I don't collect foreign coins. I can see Canada from my house, and my mom is Canadian, but I dont even collect Canadian coins.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. paddyman98

You make me laugh my freind.. To me It's not about collecting foreign coins.. It's about collecting Mint Errors! No matter where they came from ;)

eric6794 likes this.
  13. JCro57

There are 7 reasons why I buy a particular error, variety, counterfeit, or other oddity coin, in no particular order:

1. Do I understand the history of that particular denomination? (Who/what is featured and why. If counterfeit, is it from a known counterfeiter?) To be honest, for foreign coins, unless it is someone world famous, historically significant or interesting and on a precious metal (gold Napoleon Franc, silver Russian beard tax token, authentic gold bar stamped with Nazi symbol or British East India Company logo), I don't care for them.

2. Do I have a basic understanding of how the error/variety/oddity occurred, or may have occurred, and can I explain it to others?

3. Is it dramatic looking? If I would have to tell the average coin collector there is something wrong without them noticing, I don't want it. Some exceptions include missing mintmarks (1982 no p dime) but otherwise I want something people look at and say, "Wow! Not that thing is a freak!"

4. Is it rare and highly sought after by others? Is there a market for it should myself or my heirs wish to sell it later? Coin blanks aren't all rare, but they are much more rare and in demand than railroad rims and grease filled strikes. And railroad strikes and most grease filled die strikes have almost no premium, so I don't care for them.

5. Is it in a great condition? High AU or MS only for me. No distracting bag/reeding marks, no scratches, rim dings, not worn, not discolored, no fingerprints, no wheel marks, no environmental damage, or anything giving it a possible details grade. (Exceptions made if, say, fewer than 25 are known to exist).

6. Can I buy it for less than what similar examples have sold for recently on auction sites or Grey Sheet?

7. Do I personally like it? No matter how dramatic, I generally don't like error coins without full 4-digit dates or uniface strikes. I think cuds are ugly and overpriced, lamination peeling (unless it occurred before strike) is ugly, die cracks are undesirable, and strike throughs are overrated unless the object is still in there or you can clearly tell what it was.

So, I don't really want to collect something simply because a slab states "Mint Error." I have to love it. Foreign coins? Don't love them. I don't even like them.

14. paddyman98

:yawn:

Ok I get it. I won't bother you anymore with my silly comments.. See you at the Philadelphia show.. Maybe?

There is only 1 reason I have been collecting Mint Errors, Varieties, foreign, exumonia and paper currency for 31 years now..
    They are simply ALL fascinating!

Peace :angelic:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    JCro57 likes this.
  15. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

A gentleman never kiss and tell.

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. JCro57

No! I love the comments! Keep them coming!

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted