People have apparently forgotten that $2 bills exist...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ewomack, May 6, 2016.

1. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

So many people are idiots nowadays... <sigh>...

That policeman needs a reprimand on his permanent record. And some remedial education.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Apparently, the cops still haven't learned how to read either. It was several years ago that a man was arrested in Baltimore because a McDonalds clerk, her manager, two cops who responded to the complaint and their duty sergeant downtown didn't believe that $2 notes were real. It took the Secret Service who drove from DC to tell them otherwise.

Chris

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I remember that one.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  7. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Why? No one claimed that 2 dollar bills didn't exist merely that the 1953 red seal United States note was fake. It's quite likely that unless the person refusing the bill was over 40 (at a minimum) he had never seen one even if he was familiar with the current green seal Federal Reserve note. Once the anti-counterfeit pen didn't register on the bill I really can't blame anyone for thinking it a fake.

I DO think that threatening to send an 8th grader (14 yo, maybe?) to jail for a 2 dollar lunch is a little bit of overkill, though.

Paul M. likes this.
  8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I recall reading a story some 10 years ago about a test that the BEP conducted with one of the anti-counterfeit pens and a new batch of $100 notes. They were amazed when all of them were supposedly fake.

Chris

9. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

10. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

She was right. The store didn't have to accept them. If he tried to leave without paying after having the installation done on his car then yes, he should have been detained.

Consecutive numbers on stained bills where the ink had run? I might have questioned them as well.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I got a $2.00 bill in change yesterday. Not bad shape either. Series 2013. :)

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What the devil is it with these incidents happening in Balto?

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

So do I.

14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

What sort of an imbecile would be a school cop?

One who had flunked all the tests for real police departments.

One step, if that far, above a rent-a-cop.

Kentucky, 132andBush and Mainebill like this.
  15. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Evidently people there are dumber'n heyll.

16. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I order a hundred of them from my credit union at Christmas and give them as tips and gifts and, yes, SPEND them. I do get some "strange" looks.

17. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Do cops not have smart phones and know how to google? I quick internet search would have easily exposed their idiocy.

18. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yea just a touch, like napalming your house would be a little bit of overkill because you found a few ants inside.

I don't necessarily disagree about the initial reaction because the pen didn't work but if only we had some sort of machine where we could type things in and get information. The school itself I think was the most pathetic reaction. The cops should have never been called in in the first place.

19. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

They give out $2 bills at the gentlemans club up here in Portland. So anyone who has them often gets smart comments and remarks

20. CoinZone

CoinZone Active Member

Big spender that I am, or used to be, I gave them to cocktail waitresses on my Vegas and AC trips. The ladies loved it, and kept me well watered, er um, liquored up. Boy, I hope my wife doesn't read this someday.

21. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

I love it when I go to a fast food restaurant for a quick burger that costs $1.49 or so with tax, I give them a dollar bill and a half dollar coin, and they give me 51 cents change.

99.97% of the time in life, I am an honest guy. But when it comes to this ignorance and one's inability to read the back of the coin that says HALF DOLLAR, I just shake my head, take the change and walk away.

atcarroll likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted