Penny with date error

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by William Price, Nov 14, 2019.

?

I just recently came across this penny with a date error I'm trying to find out more about it

1. Is it rare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is it common

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. William Price

William Price New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Why do you think it's an "error"
    versus damage ?

upload_2019-11-14_12-25-3.png

It's very easy to research errors.
    It's albeit impossible to research and find exact examples of similar damage enough to satisfy most people. Damage can have infinite results, with infinite ways of damage.

4. William Price

William Price New Member

I don't know much about it I was just wondering I was just trying to find out if it was an error or something else

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

It is damage. The date was obviously hit with something. Not an error.

6. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Agreed, damaged

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

If you ask a 4th time you will be labeled a troll.

352sdeer and paddyman98 like this.
  8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Most of the time something "looks different" or "doesn't look right" it is probably damage.

You can research errors on error websites such as this page (which there are many pages out there) http://www.lincolncentsonline.com/error.html

DO NOT use YouTube videos, or short 1 page websites. Most of those are misinformation looking for Clickbait (or pages that require you to click to NEXT to see the answer/results). Use websites that are amassed full of information, descriptions, etc.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

Common sense should tell you that the Mint is not going to the expense of intentionally creating a defective die for (potentionally) millions of coins.

Don't be offended by my comment. You're not alone. If you don't believe me, just use the CT search option for "road rash" to see how often we get people who think that it is a Mint error.

Chris

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

PMD. It took a hit. Period. These Zincolns can be damaged easily so you tend to see a lot with PMD. Not an error and NAV, no added value.

Draft saved Draft deleted