Penny rainbow

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Ricardo Martinez, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Any help

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You've got to be joking!

Chris

eric6794 and PlanoSteve like this.
  4. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Hey! It's a DD obv WAM CAM thank you MAM.

R9, $1054/each

juris klavins and PlanoSteve like this.
  5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

some one checking the spread on their turkey loads...

6. What do you mean by that

7. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

IMO PMD it looks like someone used a BB gun on it.
    Dave

juris klavins likes this.
  8. Its how I found i think if someone a BB gun the hose would be bigger I got at a bank

9. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Well the BB gun is just a guess the truth is no one is going to know how it happened but the fact is it still PMD.
    Theres no way that coin left the mint looking like that IMO
    Dave

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Amigo.. Lo que ves.. Es todo Dañado
    No es un Error

George McClellan and SmokinJoe like this.
  11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Just what I said. It gets a little ridiculous when someone wants to know value when the condition of the coin sucks. Why don't you learn a little more about numismatics before you try to cash in on junk coins.

Chris

352sdeer and PlanoSteve like this.
  12. Whatever get a good look at your hatred and fix it

EatYourWheatPennies likes this.
  13. DallasCoinsNThings

DallasCoinsNThings Numismaniac

Ricardo, I don't believe it is hatred... It is just that sometimes people get a little miffed at posts of coins that are obviously worth nothing more than face value. It pays to do a little research before you post something... that is all. From what I've seen, 95%+ of people who list coins that they think are valuable errors are, in fact, in error themselves. No offense... just the truth.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  14. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I'd like to see what my 12 gauge would do to a Lincoln but I'd probably never find it.

15. Skubalon

Skubalon Member

Maybe it's from a shotgun roll?

16. Richard M. Renneboog

Richard M. Renneboog Active Member

From the apparent size and depth of the pock marks in that coin, I'd say someone was using it as the centre bull of a dart board, perhaps in an alcohol-fuelled macho attempt to see if they could put a dart through it. No idea what the streaky colour would be from, though. Long and short of it is that this is a coin that barely even has face value left to it and would not be missed if it spent the rest of its life at the bottom of a wishing well in the middle of nowhere.

17. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

It means "You've got to be joking!"

And what do you mean by "Any help"? What question did you want answered?

18. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Ricardo, it's like this. If I knew absolutely nothing about coins I would know that one is trash. No hate, just common sense.

19. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Yeah, Ricardo... that's it. Another person conveniently deemed a "hater" for nothing more than being accepting of reality or stating fact. This type of nonsense has gotten very, very old...

You're new and I understand why you may have misinterpreted earlier posts as being negative, but not everything in life is teddy bear, kittens, and puppies, and is particularly true in this hobby. We all have to start somewhere, and the sooner you accept the fact that you've learned something from this thread, the better off you'll be.

20. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Sorry - that coin is beyond help :vomit:

tumblr_p0mr0asSUG1wzymnpo10_250.gif

21. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

If you are asking "What caused this post-mint damage?", I'll be kind and take a honest stab at it, no pun intended.

The pocking on both sides appears to be from a very hard granular substance, maybe a variety of sand or tiny gravel. Then, either singly each side, or put under maybe under 1/4 inch of the substance and with one strike, pounded with a hammer.

They do make snake-shot for reloading bullets, and if you put less than 15 grains of gunpowder and don't stand too close with a .357 Smith and Wesson revolver, you might shoot a penny and wind up with a result like on your coin. Shotgun shot is too big, .410 gauge varmint shells too, they would vaporize the coin. More than 15 grains and the gunpowder turns the shot molten ( a plus if you are avoiding ballistic evidence).

But less than 15 grains, around half, 7 or 8 grains, pushes the shot out the end of the barrel at half-speed, more or less. The more I run this scenario around my head, the more this looks to be the case. The size of the pocks are about the same as snake-shot.

I've tried to be serious and kind to offer help. But as mentioned earlier, no way that coin was inside any mint facility in that condition.

I hope you accept my analysis.

Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted