Penny find

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by hutch5831, Feb 9, 2016.

1. hutch5831

hutch5831 New Member

I am off work today due to bad roads so I picked up a box of cents and a box of nickels to go through. I did the cents first. In the whole box, there was not even one copper cent. Looks like I found another searcher's dump bank. Future doesn't look good for the nickels.

Amos 811 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

The '98 and 2000 look good. I am not sure, but I don't think that a Wide AM 1989 is out of the ordinary?

Edit: see Lincoln Cent Resource

"Until 1992, both proof and business strike Lincoln cents were made using the same type of reverse die all with a Wide AM."

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It saves you the trouble of hoarding some coins that are worth less than face value based on the price of Grade A copper.

Chris

coincollector197 likes this.
  5. hutch5831

hutch5831 New Member

Nickels were a little better. Tons of 1940's-1960's (no war nickels) and a 1911 V Nickel.

6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I wonder if you got one of my boxes of Cents. I out line a "N" on the top of the box, in sharpie to symbolize its Zinc (if you turn the N on its side). Another local guy has a red bingo dabber, and he hits every one of his rolls....what a waste of time...wait, were talking about sorting cents here...so I dont think there is such a thing as wasting time.

7. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

I can't go to my Chase bank anymore. Someone re-wrapped all the rolls. The only copper coin was a 1959, (which i yet to have found before, but replaced it with another 1959 later on.)

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

What?

Amos 811 likes this.
  9. BooksB4Coins

You mean 1999, right? If so, they are (or at least used to be) by far the least common of the three, and command the greatest premiums as well. If one is so inclined to variety search a box of Zincolns, it's certainly one of the more significant, valuable, and easier to identify varieties worth noting.

Amos 811 likes this.
  10. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

the 98 and 2000 are only worth a buck or 2 each circulated.

11. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

Alright, Chase has a re-roller. i bought four rolls, all non copepr pennies except for a 1959. didn't have a 1959 then, but i replaced it later on.

12. BooksB4Coins

That's better... ;)

BATTERup646 likes this.
  13. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Two things:
    1. Do you live near Portland, OR?
    2. Were those Loomis wrapped cents?

Both of them apply to me and I find no copper through Loomis.

14. hutch5831

hutch5831 New Member

I am on the opposite side of the country from Oregon, and they were customer wrapped. Had to have been someone's dump.

15. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Draft saved Draft deleted