Penny error

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Billynlynn5624, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Billynlynn5624

Billynlynn5624 New Member

Can someone tell me what to do here? I have a 1962 d penny that has an error on the back side. I’ve had two coin experts look at it under microscope and tell me you’ve got smt here. Well what do I have?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

Show a photo and maybe someone can tell you.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood, Billy!

When a "so-called" expert tells you that you have something there, it usually means that they don't know anything about errors. Most dealers don't bother to learn about errors because it is too time-consuming and takes away from their main business which is selling coins.

You need to post photos so someone can help you. Please be specific about what you see. ~ Chris

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CT @Billynlynn5624 As stated, without photos, we can't be much help to you.
    And, here is the spiel on posting photos.
    You should always post FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and is easily enlarged by clicking on it. Always show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows, and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

6. Billynlynn5624

Can you pls send your email I’ll send you pics

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not everthing that looks different or strange is automatically a mint error. Not all coin dealers know what true errors are. Post pictures please.

Mr. Ed
    Specializing in collecting Mint Errors since 1985

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nope. Not allowed. You need to post pictures here on this thread.

If the "Coin experts" claimed you have something.. Why didn't you have them explain it to you? o_O

Mike Davis and spirityoda like this.
  9. Billynlynn5624

10. Billynlynn5624

11. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

If you can email a photo you can post it here. Just go to upload a file and there should be a link to your photos there.

12. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

this forum it's as simple as dragging and dropping the picture from your desktop. Not complicated at all.

13. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The reverse error doesn't show through on the obverse...

14. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

I think the OP is asking for a translation of the acronym "smt" rather than an opinion on the coin. Perhaps that is all his two "experts" would tell him. Personally, I can't remember ever seeing the term or figure out what it means, either. And yes, he clearly should go back and ask those experts what they meant by that.

Mike Davis likes this.
  15. cpm9ball

I think "smt" is the OP's abbreviation for "something". ~ Chris

Kentucky likes this.
  16. cpm9ball

Hey, Billy! There is nothing difficult about posting photos on this thread. If you're having a problem, we can talk you through it. Don't be shy! We all had to start somewhere. ~ Chris

17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have no idea what smt means. Photos please.

18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

SMT...Smack My Tucas?

Cheech9712, Collecting Nut and GH#75 like this.
  19. cpm9ball

"something"

20. Collecting Nut

Good one

21. Collecting Nut

That's a new one

Draft saved Draft deleted