Peep show token

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jeffjay, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Having lived in and worked in NYC and the outlying areas of Queens, I witnessed it all. Anyone remember Studio 54, and others? Talk about wide open establishments! While undercover we had to follow a perp and he took us to just about every such establishment (you could get everything but a chance to get well in some of them) I remember one night after our surveillance ended, I could not get back to my apartment in Flushing (Good Name) fast enough to dump everything in the washing machine and if I could have fit in there I would have. Total debauchery! I learned alot about human behavior while working there.
    Semper Fi

paddyman98 and jamor1960 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Ah ha, paddyman even knew where the house of ill repute was. Just kidding, New York was pretty rowdy back in the 18th century huh paddyman. Jeffjay, I have one of those token's also, a sign of the times. Enjoyed your post, thanks.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

i used to go down there three times a week (manhattan, 5th ave) back when 5th and 28th? i think and dow to china town were the wholesale district, i used to buy and sell electronics and sell to video stores, deli's bodegas and the like..and i had some friends in harlem, used to go to molly Malones' there back when it was only 75 cents at the bridge to get in the city from ct. lol

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@Jeffjay

I just found them. I have 4 :peeking::peeking::peeking::peeking:
    20210913_053632(1).jpg

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I work on 27th street. One of the buildings I help maintain is 236 5th Ave between 27th and 28th streets ;)

7. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

yup, all yuppies now with 12.00 water and 20.oo coffee, and no bathrooms in sight, lol used to be the wholesale district, i made tons of money buying there and wholesaling to stores...it is amazing it is like the wholesale district never existed...all gone to queens and outlying areas, not in one place anymore....part of my childhood and early adult hood used to love going to nyc for the night, just driving around, smoking some weed and checking out the sights...lol miss those days

Draft saved Draft deleted