Peeling nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by mgcg, Nov 25, 2015.

1. mgcg

mgcg New Member

I have this nickel that is IMG_20151117_165126_453.jpg IMG_20151117_165126_453.jpg rounded and peeling can any one tell me what error it is and value please thankyou

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mgcg

mgcg New Member

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

So sorry but the pics are too out of focus to give you any info.

5. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Blurry!

tommyc03 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Can't see a thing with the fuzzy photo but I can tell you that all nickels are round. "I have this nickel that is rounded and peeling can any one tell me what error it is and value please thankyou" :rolleyes:

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I can only assume that by "rounded" you mean the beveled appearance of the edges, and by "peeling" you're speaking of the anomaly visible around 10 o'clock in the reverse photo? The latter could possibly be lamination and the former likely just damage, but as has already been suggested, better photos are necessary to say for sure.

I realize that it's different when having the coin in hand, but before posting photos, you must forget what you've seen with your own eyes, and focus only on your image. If you cannot clearly see whatever the issue is, we won't be able to either.

8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Dryer coin I think but pics are poo poo

9. mgcg

mgcg New Member

10. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

With the way the rim has been beaten in to the lettering in the motto on the obverse I'd say this is a good guess.

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I have one very similar (I think, cuz bad pics) and although I didn't pull it out of a dryer, the diameter and weight are slightly under 20150626_132727_opt.jpg 20150626_132841_opt.jpg

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

And....?

13. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted