Peace Dollar On Ebay

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Gregg, Sep 14, 2018.

1. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Accugrade was very controversial, at the time. Nowadays, their holders are rather scarce. @Conder101 can tell you more about the holders.

Cool piece of history.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Some are scarce while others are still quite common. The ones to look for are the fractional grades, some of the branch offices (California, West, etc), and the infamous Accurade misspelling.

4. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

5. ddddd

ddddd Member

This particular photo cert isn’t too rare; $40-$60 is about the price they trade at. It is a cool one to have in your collection.

Gregg likes this.
  6. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Durn it, I was hoping to retire.

dwhiz and ddddd like this.
  7. ddddd

ddddd Member

You’ll need to find a monster toned Peace Dollar in an NGC Black (1.0) holder...then you might be able to retire. :D

Gregg likes this.
  8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Frankly I’d pass on the ANACS coin because of the spot on the reverse. I like the NGC one and I think you did fine.

Those old Accugrade holders are cool.

Gregg likes this.
  9. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I've been hanging out at Heritage.
    Bidding on a coin AND comparing it against other sales - seeing what goes for high dollars and what goes for low dollars - in the same grade - is educational.

I bought the holder and not the coin. :(

ddddd likes this.
  10. ddddd

ddddd Member

Sometimes that's perfectly ok! :)
    I've bought the holder too (holders a subset of my collection).

By the way, I found an image of the best ACG Peace Dollar that I ever owned. The image isn't great, but I recall the luster being nice and the grade being fairly accurate.

Note: this is the most commonly seen type of ACG holder.

IMG_2570.JPG IMG_2573.JPG

Gregg and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I bought a Walker in an ACG slab once. It was graded 63PL by ACG. When I submitted it, the customer service rep at NGC actually called me to make sure that I wanted to submit it with all the "scratches" all across the faces of the coin. He was concerned that it was going to get a details grade.

Well, I knew what I was doing, and I knew what I had. The coin came back as a 64 * for semi-prooflike surfaces.

JPA888 obverse.jpg JPA888 reverse.jpg

12. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Both of those coins are awesome.

13. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Yes ... SWH # go a bit over 3 million before the dreaded blue labels begin (somewhere in there is the sale from Amos Press to Anderson Press).

Actually after the sale from ANA to Amos, they continued with the XXnnnn for quite a while (most of the combos are Amos not ANA).

Then they switched to a simple # with some of the ranges blocked for a translation of the older XXnnnn. So 7nnnn is an Amos all numeric, but 6nnnn and 8nnnn are older and translated from the XXnnnn combos.

But the all numeric ones start way below six digits... I have #s 761, 127 and 75...

ddddd likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted