Peace Dollar Collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Robert91791, Sep 15, 2018.

1. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

@JCro57 What is the basis for your comment? Including the part that “it hasn’t bottomed out yet”?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The 21 was pricy but the 28 was more so. I've had both for over 5 years now. The 28 is a MS-65. At the time I bought it there was a small difference in costs between a 64 & a 65 so I went with the higher grade.

Robert91791 likes this.
  4. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Wow, im sure your collection have increased in value. 5 years is a long time.

5. Collecting Nut

I've been able to buy Peace Dollars at a decent cost in my area. Morgans are more pricy than the Peace. It's been a breeze to put them together in circulated conditions. The high grade set has been a challenge. I saw both coins I need to complete the set at the Gettysburg show on Friday but the dealer wanted $250.00 more than the going rate. I passed.

Robert91791 likes this.
  6. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Many people both sell and buy using Grey Sheet. You may not, and I don't always use it, but many do. I know that not every coin graded MS65 is the same, but the general prices are what many go by at shows I go to. If you look at prices for the last 12-16 months, many have come down, even by a couple hundred dollars. More have gone down than gone up during this time period.

Robert91791 likes this.
  7. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

I’m a firm believer in not making attempts at timing any market let alone knowing when a market has “bottomed”.

On the other hand, if prices have come down, now could be the time to buy.

JCro57 and Robert91791 like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

I don't know. I have no intention of selling at this time so I've never checked the possibilities. I'm only interested in what I have to pay to get those last 2 coins but that dealer wasn't even in the ballpark. Another dealer checked his sheet and confirmed what I said. I bought a nice Bust half from him at a great price. :)

Robert91791 likes this.
  9. Robert91791

I will wait until next Jan for my Bonus. I might have to eat my words back.
    Lol

Collecting Nut likes this.
  10. Robert91791

Im also like you. I never thought of selling. Just pure collecting and the kids will be getting them all.

11. Collecting Nut

Be sure you are buying the coin, not the price for it or any packaging associated with it. Be patient and wait for the right coin. :)

Robert91791 likes this.
  12. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I like checking Numismedia for that data.
    Some of the high end coins have lost 1/3 of their value in the past 8 years.

JCro57 likes this.
  13. Robert91791

Yes. Thank you. I do like the coin. Im happy with my purchase. Just have to pick and choose next.

14. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with the overpriced coins, no need to have too many of them.

Robert91791 likes this.
  15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I did a little review of my Peace dollars recently. All price guides have come down recently, some dates quite noticeably.

Speaking of Peace dollars:

0973C76E-9D56-4C7B-A377-DB22F11E8D13.jpeg 056CBB3A-227F-4628-A4C6-37E354C16CFF.jpeg

*coins, dwhiz, Collecting Nut and 3 others like this.
  16. Robert91791

That is a beauty. Thank you.

Santinidollar likes this.
  17. Robert91791

I have heard this from other collectors as well here in los angeles

Edited:the club I belong have coin sales once I a while and some dealers are experiencing downward price pressure. Most of the stuff they sell are certified which I will not touch.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted