Pcgs XF 45 Am I not a woman token

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by everythingnumis, Aug 18, 2018.

1. everythingnumis

everythingnumis Active Member

744FF6FD-C15B-4130-AEF4-58A63DC1667A.jpeg A7899AEA-59B6-4236-9F84-D183178994E4.jpeg Hello folks, got this beauty for 40$ At a garage sale any info on the value and/or thoughts on this piece would be appreciated :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I’ve never seen a slabbed anything at a garage sale.

green18 likes this.
  4. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

I see some similar selling at around $300-$400. What a bargain did you get.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Nice looking token. I don't know the value today but I'm sure it's north of $200.

6. everythingnumis

Oh wow nice! That’s one of my best bargains to date then! That feels good

Santinidollar likes this.
  7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's actually listed in the RedBook under Hard Times Tokens.

8. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

There are so many tokens around in the US that I do not know at all...

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

That backword N I cool!
    Awesome Token!
    Great buy

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And you got this at a 'garage sale'? Where was the rest of the 'old boy's' stuff?

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am curious, what are the laws about individuals making copies of such tokens?

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Interesting point, but considering the precedent a certain someone has set I can't help but to wonder if it would really matter?

Of course what is claimed to be "okay" for one isn't necessarily true for others and is evidenced, well, pretty much everywhere including this very forum.

13. everythingnumis

It’s more of dealer based sales area within town called the city-wide garage sale.

14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Cool

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They fall under the Hobby Protection Act, not legal to make copies unless they are marked COPY as specified in the Act. The tokens are "Numismatic items" and a copy would be an "Imitation Numismatic item" and would have to be marked.

(b) COINS AND OTHER NUMISMATIC ITEMS.—The manufacture in the United States, or the importation into the United States, for introduction into or distribution in commerce, or the sale in commerce of any imitation numismatic item which is not plainly and permanently marked “copy”, is unlawful and is an unfair or deceptive act or practice in commerce under the Federal Trade Commission Act.

(What is an "imitation Numismatic item"?)

(4) The term “imitation numismatic item” means an item which purports to be, but in fact is not, an original numismatic item or which IS a reproduction, copy, or counterfeit of an original numismatic item.

(So what is an "original numismatic item"?)

(3) The term “original numismatic item” means anything which has been a part of a coinage or issue which has been used in exchange -or has been used to commemorate a person or event. Such term includes coins, tokens, paper money, and commemorative medals,

The original tokens were used in exchange so they would qualify as original numismatic items, so a copy would be an imitation numismatic item and would therefore need to be marked COPY.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Draft saved Draft deleted