PCGS White Cardboard Box

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by calcol, Mar 7, 2021.

1. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Recently received some coins back from PCGS. Instead of the usual plastic box, they arrived in a white cardboard box. I like the design. It’s about half the length of the plastic boxes and very sturdy. Best feature is that it can accommodate all sorts of slabs. No problem fitting NGC or PCGS slabs. See the pics. Have extra thick slabs? The partitions pull out to handle them. I’d use them for long term storage except concerned they may release sulfur dioxide or other metal-active gases.

Cal
    IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0866.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey, that's a great design , well ya' pay enough in fees you might as well get something extra . I'm just saying ...."waste not want not " .

MIGuy likes this.
  4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I really like the size. I wrestle with fitting all of my inventory into the safe deposit boxes because of the size of the plastic PCGS / NGC boxes. This might make a huge difference, especially since they can be stood up on end. I'm not saying I don't like the bigger boxes. Quite the contrary . . . I'll continue to use those. Still, having a few of these will allow me to more easily fit the last of the coins with a minimum of time & effort.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    ldhair likes this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If anyone’s actually trying to get the cardboard ones, if you submit more then 10 you get the plastic ones still.

6. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I got my first NGC box with a purchase of coins recently, I love the size but it feels a bit flimsy compared to the PCGS boxes. IMG_4014.JPG IMG_4013.JPG

7. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

This is how ICG packages their graded / slabbed coins - it's useful / practical but not pretty. What does ANACS use? IMG_4016.JPG IMG_4015.JPG

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

A cardboard box. PCGS is the only one that uses that plastic cases for any of the return submissions

MIGuy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted