PCGS turnaround time insane!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vertigo, May 18, 2022.

1. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

75 days on economy. One of these days it will be a year before those coins come back to us... I still love their holders and truview. I won't send them anywhere else. Screenshot_20220518-181641_My Account.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LRC-Tom

LRC-Tom Been around the block...

I'm waiting 4 months now. For a "Regular" shipment.

4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

got my NGC submission done in just over 3 weeks :D economy :D

MIGuy likes this.
  5. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

My NGC took two months for economy, but that was during the bad part of the pandemic when lots of folks was using that as an excuse not to work.

6. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Don't even look at Sports/Trading card turn around times. Many have been waiting
    well over a year on their subs. Only recently has PSA started accepting subs. At one
    time they had over 12 million cards to grade. They are now down to 3.6 million
    and accepting very limited subs. Can you imagine if PCGS had quit taking subs
    for a year. The OP turn around times by comparison are caviar.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

There was a point during the height of the craze with Pokémon and all that where I believe they said they were getting as many submissions in a week as they used to in 3 months. It’s been pretty insane how much the card market has caught fire the last three years

tibor likes this.
  8. baseball21

At one point it was taking them 2 months just to open the package and world economy got up over 100 days

Im not really sure why it got that bad with them (yea I know record number of submissions but still) when they’re in Florida. At one point California had closed PCGS down for a couple days or a week before changing their minds from the backlash of how restrictive that order was for businesses.

Aside from the record number of submissions I think they’re both dragging their feet from having trouble with their supply chains like everything else is

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  9. Vertigo

I know but then they come back in an ngc holder without truview imagery. I'm not doing it. I don't just want them graded.

10. Vertigo

Seeing that turnaround time increase was what made me decide to send in a bunch I have been sitting on. I'm waiting a month and doing anothersmall lot i have. Before it gets to that lol.

tibor likes this.
  11. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side. Waiting for your slabs to return will leave you with more time to run up bids on eBay. :D

CoinCorgi, MIGuy and Marsden like this.
  12. Vertigo

Good point!

MIGuy and Marsden like this.
  13. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

I'm not sure if there's any foot dragging going on with NGC, PSA and ANACS. With these three TPGs my check didn't clear my account until 4+ weeks after I received the finished product. I even called NGC to ask them if they wanted me to re issue a check, they said no. About 2 weeks later it cleared.

14. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  15. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

16. baseball21

In general NGC charges CCs once they open the box and input the package. PCGS waits until the order is finished. Checks might be a different story for NGC

17. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

ICG turnaround on the Cointalk special has run around 3 weeks, though my last shipment I had in excess of 20 that I wanted attributed for varieties, so that took an extra week (worth it!).

18. erscolo

erscolo Well-Known Member

Yet another reason to avoid the game.

19. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

My bad! :( I read that we had an order in house from you a while back on CT. Rather than give you special treatment, I did not bump it in front of other orders because out of fairness to others combined with my selfishness - when I get to attribute Bust halves I spend a lot of time making detailed notes to add to the standard reference books - I took my time before passing it to the next grader. That way a coin that may take ten minutes or more to attribute the first time it is seen only takes a minute the next time one comes in. ;)

Right now our turnaround is less than two weeks for economy. Many folks pay for 5 or 10 day service so we must hold economy submissions longer even though the order is ready to ship. It is a shame it works this way.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    MIGuy likes this.
  20. charley

charley Well-Known Member

CAC is running 7 days and wants to cut this by 2.

Have PCGS/NGC pieces that you have absolute confidence and agreement with the TPG opinion? For the $, there is no better investment than a CAC endorsement, in this market atmosphere. I am not referring to pieces that can not recover the evaluation costs, even if you are correct.

Have the same level of confidence in ANACS/ICG piece? Maybe consider crack out and submit to PCGS/NGC, and if your confidence holds up, then on to CAC.

Those pieces that are outstanding and graded by ANACS/ICG, that you are selling to the Dealer at a Show? More likely than not, the (knowledgeable) dealer is not buying because they are not outstanding pieces, and that dealer has a crossover/crack-out/CAC action in mind.

My opinion, of course, and I don't ever expect agreement from anybody with my old age maniacal opinions.

21. clamcakes

clamcakes New Member

I'm only at the 3 month mark. So much for that 50 business day estimate.

Draft saved Draft deleted