PCGS timing

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by johnmatt, Oct 15, 2016.

1. johnmatt

johnmatt Well-Known Member

So back in September at the long beach coin show I submitted some Morgan/ Peace dollars to pcgs. Some went on the economy tier and some went on the regular tier. They acknowledge receipt of the coins on 9-12. So here's the weird part- got an e-mail yesterday that the economy submission is finished and shipped. But the regular tier submission isn't done yet. Why would they grade the econ coins first? Isn't that backwards?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Mabye they had more coins in the regular catagory??Still, defintally weird.

4. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

It could be a lot of things - if you asked for a variety attribution in the regular submission, that can delay things - even a tougher coin to authenticate or grade can slow things down. Or they could just be messing with your head.

princeofwaldo likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

"A watched pot never boils!"

Chris

6. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

I had a 1926-★ Albania 5 Franga sent regular tier take 2 months to get back to me. This was about 15 years ago. I've never had an economy tier coin take that long.

7. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

I have been getting my regular PCGS submissions back within a month exactly on my last 3 submissions,pretty good considering they were hovering at around 2 months when I first sent them a batch in July. Seems to have caught up a bit,but I do check out the "shared orders" page on PCGS to see what kind of coins people get graded,and when they submitted. There has been a few I've seen lately that they just graded them from MAY! and JUNE! So best chance is maybe to give them a call on Monday and see whatsup.

Draft saved Draft deleted