PCGS slab label question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Fall Guy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

Why is this slabbed differently with the label below the coin? Was it a request from the person who originally sent the coin in to be slabbed?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BMoscato

BMoscato ANA# R-1181086

It just twisted in the holder. There's a method to get it right side up by tapping the edge against a hard surface over and over again.

4. BMoscato

BMoscato ANA# R-1181086

By twisted I mean rotated.

5. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

6. Numismat

In that case the label would have had to rotate as well. =)

7. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Can we do that to the label too? :D;)

8. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Is the label anything special on the reverse side?

9. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

To get the label to flip, you have to tap it real hard, rub your tummy and pat your dog on the head at the same time. I have yet to see it work but thats what I was told.

10. raider34

raider34 Active Member

I'm pretty sure they did that for a lot of the State Quarter sets. There's usually the state flag/seal on the back label.

11. BMoscato

BMoscato ANA# R-1181086

Doh, I didn't even read the label. I'm just use ton seeing upside-down or sideways coins. I guess I should've paid more attention. Lol

12. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

Sorry, don't have a picture of the back. Came across this on eBay and it did not include a picture of the back.

13. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

Winning bid was $11.49

14. raider34

raider34 Active Member

15. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

16. Cazkaboom

I believe they do that upon request. I know JCB was asking about one he saw with the reverse on the front of the slab that could've been done by request. Personally, I kinda like the "upside-down" slab.

17. Numismat

I agree, it puts the coin first and the label second, as far as eye appeal. =)

18. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Nah, that didn;t work on mine ! I busted it apart, put it back the right way and held the edges with duct tape. I don;t like the look, so I think I'm gonna sell it on eBay as a "one of a kind"

19. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

That's what I believe, although not all State quarters are slabbed like that.
    140.jpg

And, NO, I didn't submit this one myself.

20. Cazkaboom

What a hoot!

Lets see if you can pass it off as a PCGS error slab, against their guarantee. :p

21. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

PCGS slabs different Authorized PCGS Dealer coins different ways for bulk dealer promotional programs.
    The coin in the OP is a State Flag Quarter where PCGS Authorized Dealers submitted hundreds of coins to be slabbed with the Flag of the State on the reverse of the label.

The two most recent dealer promotions are the Kennedy Portrait Series and the Eisenhower 40th Anniversary Series.
    Kennedy 1968-S Portrait 19263860 PCGS PR69DCAM Slab Rev-25.jpg Kennedy 1968-S Portrait 19263860 PCGS PR69DCAM Slab Obv-25.jpg

IKE 1971-S Silver 40th Ann 19564402 PCGS PR69DCAM Slab Rev-11.jpg IKE 1971-S Silver 40th Ann 19564402 PCGS PR69DCAM Slab Obv-11.jpg

Note that the above coins are slabbed with similar coin/label orientations.

Draft saved Draft deleted