PCGS SET REGISTRY, A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coins776, Sep 12, 2016.

1. coins776

coins776 no title

i started some sets on pcgs set registry a number
    of times for a while now, and each set i start always
    ends up the same, i delete it. the reason is no matter
    what coins i add, it just keeps telling me that many of
    them don't match whatever given set i am working on.
    the most recent example of this is an (everyman) lincoln
    wheat cent set, circulation strikes 1909-1958. no varieties.
    i added some low grade, low priced coins to start the set
    (i posted pics of them below), and it added all but one, the
    1921-s. they said it is already in some other persons set so
    i sent the remove from set email but so far that did not help.
    i added four more low priced lincolns to my set but it would
    not add them, it says they don't match. please tell me how 1939,
    1944-s, 1949 and 1949-s don't match this set? they just keep
    saying shop for coins to match the set. by the way the shop for
    coins is mostly just coins listed on ebay and then calling it some
    other website 2e.jpg 2f.jpg 2g.jpg 2j.jpg 2l.jpg 2n.jpg 2q.jpg 2r.jpg 2o.jpg 2p.jpg name, i think it is called collecters.com. what a waste of time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coins776

coins776 no title

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Can't talk about PCGS sets. I have NGC sets. Never had a problem with them. Occasionally, I get a coin someone else has registered. They take care of transferring it.

5. Tim C

Tim C Active Member

It would help if you read the rules: http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/rules.aspx

I quote:
    "Everyman Sets
    Everyman sets do not allow any coin with a grade higher than 58+. Allowable coins are graded 58+ or less can be designated a circulation strike or proof."

In other words, the "Everyman Sets" consist of coins graded below MS60, this is why your 1939, 1944-s, 1949 and 1949-s don't match this set.

Also in the rules, it states:

"Should you attempt to list a coin and you receive an error message telling you that the coin is currently owned by another registrant, please use the automatic email feature that will send an email to the former owner asking for release. Your name will not be sent to the other member. Please allow three business days for the former owner to release the coin. If, after three business days, the inventory item has not been removed, please submit a scan of the front and back of the item to setregistry@collectors.com and the item will be removed for you. Registrants are urged to delete their sets or coins from the registry soon after sets or coins are sold in order to release the certification numbers for other registrants who may have purchased the items and wish to register them. If after 3 business days from receiving a removal request you have not deleted a sold coin from your set(s) and inventory and your set is 90% complete or greater, your entire set will be retired. Contact Set Registry customer service to have your set reinstated to active."

So email a photo or scan of the coin to the email address above and they will remove the coin so you can add it to your Registry.

6. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You are correct. I missed that "everyman".

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Tim nailed it. There are other sets which will allow the MS coins in as well

8. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Yep, NGC is quite easy to use.
    EXCEPTION: Custom sets are a bit of a pain to deal with.

Draft saved Draft deleted