PCGS refuses to grade my CHEERIOS pattern Sacajawea!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hunting Rare, Jun 23, 2019.

1. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

At 7:30am? That's taking day drinking to a new level.

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Hey, I ran out of Cheerios.

Stevearino and CoinCorgi like this.
  4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

ICG wasn't in existence until well after PCGS and NGC started. I believe you are thinking of INS.

markr likes this.
  5. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

That’s not what he said. I believe he’s referring to the graders (i.e. people) not the companies. I also thought ANACS was the oldest grading service.

Insider, Seattlite86 and Stevearino like this.
  6. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

@Conder101, posted: "ICG wasn't in existence until well after PCGS and NGC started. I believe you are thinking of INS."

@micbraun, corrected him: "That’s not what [Insider] he said. I believe he’s referring to the graders (i.e. people) not the companies. I also thought ANACS was the oldest grading service."

This is true - OLDEST.
    Previously, and for a very long time, ANACS claimed to be the First TPGS. This was an obfuscation foisted on the public by certain (RIP) ANA Officials. Tell a BIG LIE :facepalm::eggface::vomit: long enough and everyone believes it.

When ANA moved the authentication service to CO, the Director (Charles Hoskins) and every employee except one rookie authenticator still in training :smuggrin: stayed in DC.

ANACS was the first authentication service and with that "name" goes the glory - Number one.

Hoskins and a group of US/foreign dealers created the International Numismatic Society in DC where a yearly convention was held. Hoskins became the Director of the INS Authentication Bureau (INSAB) - the second authentication service.

I'll leave out the details but Hoskins and myself were at the First Grading Roundtable where the ANA reps and dealers were discussing the need/feasibility of a grading service. At that meeting, I told them ANA could be grading coins tomorrow if given the OK because we had been grading coins for the internal records to Identify them.

Eventually the ANA set up a group to write grading standards so they could begin grading coins. As soon as we (now working at INSAB) heard this, we started grading submissions FOR FREE (remember grading is just an opinion) when asked.

When the ANA started grading coins, SEVERAL MONTHS LATER, they charged for the service...so we did also.

INSAB was the FIRST TPGS beating the ANA by several months. Since INS is no longer around, and since I blasted the weasels for lying over the years, the ANA now CORRECTLY can claim to be America's OLDEST TPGS. :D

cpm9ball, Kentucky, Paul M. and 5 others like this.
  7. wxcoin

Thanks for providing the history.

8. Hunting Rare

Hunting Rare Active Member

Newer pics, not the best.......but the best I could get at the moment! :)

Attached Files:

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Looks like circulation wear to me.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  10. Hunting Rare

It's not. Trust me. I am not very good at taking pictures.

There are a handful of die markers to differentiate the pattern reverse from the non variety......and you could only know them if you've handled one raw like me for the past 2-3 years. :)

11. paddyman98

So.. All this time has passed and you still have not submitted it to ANACS? Why?

12. Hunting Rare

Funny you should ask......Monday is the day. I already have a buyer lined up though......once it is slabbed.

13. paddyman98

I/we can't wait for the results.. Let us know the verdict ASAP!

14. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I want one! Hope yours is authenticated

Hunting Rare likes this.
  15. wxcoin

I can't wait to hear the result as well.

Hunting Rare likes this.
  16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Easy pee zee

17. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

It's been 4 months, not graded, lined up a buyer, now sending into ANACS. Cart before the horse?

paddyman98 and wxcoin like this.
  18. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

By "original packaging" I'm guessing they mean this:

[​IMG]

and not this:

[​IMG]

UncleScroge likes this.
  19. wxcoin

The TPGs should create a special holder that holds both a coin and a cheerio. After the cheerio tones it will be worth more.

20. Hunting Rare

You can only do stuff like that in life when you know what you have.

21. Hunting Rare

Draft saved Draft deleted