PCGS rant, rave or WTH?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Apr 17, 2019.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I am not into shaming any company trying to make a living grading coins. On occasion I will peruse Craigslist but I know there are some collectors who don't want anything to do with CL. :phantom: That's fine, we're all different and that's what makes collecting numisamerican items so interesting. ;) And yes I know I just used a word that isn't in our numismatic vocabularies yet. :D Anyways, I was shocked and a bit taken aback that somebody allegedly got ripped off, from a grader at PCGS, at least that's how I read it. And took their time to make it known! :singing: Any thoughts? :cigar:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/d/sacramento-collectors-universe-pcgs/6858796280.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Best Answer
    OK, everyone. Mystery solved. The OP Craigslist images are the sellers, from eBay. The item is still for sale, with the SAME images, because the seller was using a single image to sell multiple 5FS 1956 Jeffersons. Here is the eBay item number: 183648909308.

So the buyer was suckered into thinking he owned the actual coin in the pic, even though the seller was selling multiples of this same date and general condition.

End of discussion?
    View attachment 924183

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's on the internet so it must be true right? Especially on CL.......

If someone posted on CL that PCGS just discovered the cure for cancer would you believe that?

Santinidollar likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

6. cpm9ball

I'm not saying that the guy has a legitimate gripe, but based on those photos, the coins sure don't look the same to me.

Chris

wxcoin, Seattlite86 and Paul M. like this.
  7. baseball21

So? Anyone can picture random coins then their slab and make absurd claims.

PCGS doesn't switch coins.

People do make insane claims when they're angry about the grades they received though.

markr likes this.
  8. cpm9ball

I agree, but what if he is right?

Chris

9. baseball21

What if the Matrix was a documentary series put out by the resistance?

What if the Nigerian Prince really is trying to give you money?

YoloBagels, Sasquatch, markr and 2 others like this.
  10. cpm9ball

I see. You have your horse blinders on again. No wonder some of us can't take you seriously.

Chris

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

This has to be parody.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  12. baseball21

Your hatred is showing again. You seem to want it to be true from a dislike of PCGS so now you're trying to make people think aluminum hat chemtrail theories are legit?

Heater likes this.
  13. baseball21

Either a complete wacko or someone mocking people, yet someone really seems to want it to be true lol

14. cpm9ball

My dislike is for fools like you.

never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

15. baseball21

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Sorry. I can’t take anything on Craigslist very seriously. The complainer can post any coins he chooses and make any allegation he wishes. We don’t have a clue whether he’s pulling our leg or not.

mlov43, Seattlite86 and fretboard like this.
  17. fretboard

Absolutely true, that's why I said allegedly got ripped off. :D Also, as I read his diatribe further, he says his coin was a $10,000 coin? :clown: Quite a character. :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  18. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

You need to stop with the personal attacks. Chris simply asked a what if question and pointed out the obvious bias you have and are showing. When humans are involved, almost anything is certainly possible, even when it is very, very highly unlikely. We don’t have enough information to definitively say it is absolutely possible or absolutely impossible. Anyone who claims to clearly know the answer (that it did or did not happen) has already demonstrated his or her bias. You clearly have one, as you are the ONLY one who has taken a firm stance, so please stop projecting your own inability to see past your bias onto someone else. We know you love your company, you clearly have made your conclusion, there’s nothing left for you to say, please move on.

Bayern and wxcoin like this.
  19. fretboard

Get real dude, your mental health is showing again, maybe it's time to take some meds! :D

20. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

No need for personal attacks. Just ignore him if you can’t address him without the insults.

Stevearino and TypeCoin971793 like this.
  21. fretboard

Absolutely true! :D

Seattlite86 likes this.
  22. fretboard

Yo are you a mod in stealth mode? :D

atcarroll likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted