SOLD PCGS/NGC World coins (marked sold but still available on other venues)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

(The French Louis XV jeton previous listed here sold - fast - on Collectors Universe... in less than an hour and a half! But here are a few other slabbed odds n' ends, one from my Box of 20 set.)

Full and liberal return privilege plus return shipping reimbursement if you are not completely satisfied. Just let me know. I try to be fair and have only had one or two returns in the last decade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 11/23/16: I have marked this thread as "sold", but the coins are still available in other venues.

The Danish coin below has gone to eBay, via 99c start true auction. See the link in my signature line.

Denmark: 1 Ore, 1888 (h) CS, PCGS AU Details (cleaning)

[​IMG]

PCGS certification page
    NGC/Krause priceguide listing (trends $62.50 in VF, $120.00 XF)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Brit India coin below has been rolled into a big bulk lot offer I posted on Collectors Universe, as a free bonus. I am about to post that here.

(British) India, 1/4 anna, 1901 (C), NGC MS64 RB.

[​IMG]

Sorry I don't have any pix of this except the really, really wretched ones on the NGC cert page. (Their poorly focused pictures make it look like it has a super squishy strike. It does not. In hand, it's as sharp as you would expect.) It was struck at the Calcutta mint and trends $60.00 in MS60. It's pretty much full Red but mellowed a bit with traces of some faint, mottled brownish toning around the peripheries, mostly on the upper part of the obverse. Luster is fairly subdued, as Brit India copper of this era tends to be, but it does have "cartwheel" effect flashes when rotated in the light. Eye appeal is average to good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The little Guatemalan piece below has gone back into my Box of 20, as an alternate slot filler for the time being, but if you're interested in it, let's talk.

Guatemala, 1/4-real, 1898, PCGS MS66

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KM162, .835 silver/.0207 oz., PCGS MS66, cert. # 11572895.

This is a tiny little coin, but sometimes good things come in small packages. With its supergem grade, flashy luster, and attractive toning, it has terrific eye appeal. As far as graded examples go, it's tied with one other for second highest graded at PCGS (pop. 2/1; there is one MS67 out there). The same dealer I got it from had the other MS66 example, and this one has nicer toning than the other one. So I suppose you could say it's the second nicest example in TPG plastic. To be candid, most of the price of this piece IS due to the plastic grade (you can get a raw BU example for less than ten bucks, I think). But if you want a supersweet graded example, look no further. With a mintage of 384,000, it is also the second-lowest mintage for the type.

PCGS cert verification page

Thanks for lookin'.

~RWS/"LM"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    dwhiz and dadams like this.