Pcgs finally got it right

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mainebill, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Ok got my grades today in an economy submission that was received December 26. I know slower than death. But they actually did what they were supposed to. No bs details grades for no reason. One got details for cleaning but it’s a borderline coin old cleaned and retoned a market acceptable one if it passed . I’m not upset about that. There was one more borderline one similar that went straight. And everything else went where it should and I actually agreed with all the grades. Had one I had at f-12 went vg-10 that was the only coin that graded any different than my grade. Why can’t they do this more often Just me expressing my opinions with the continuous frustration I’ve often had

dwhiz and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mainebill

6637C993-50CD-442D-90B2-2753B9883FB9.png 89B59457-18A6-4948-B4E5-153D83A8C539.png 44056A4C-FC70-4D37-B956-977DB43DAE06.png 8DCF61F4-7BCE-412B-AA31-1E8F7A541E76.png 674678FE-189C-452F-9235-9F57DB36A510.png CF0CC509-544B-4179-88E2-F14968E73E71.png In case anyone wondered

C-B-D and dwhiz like this.
  4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

My good luck streak finally came to an end. Yesterday I got hit with a rotten order. Ah well, all good things must come to an end.

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You might be the first person I’ve seen not complain in the last two months. Hopefully they’re grading more reasonably again and are done with that ultra conservative nonsense

6. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

I was happy with my 1944 D/D. I thought it would be a 64, but...got it back about 2weeks ago; sent it in early December.
    0210181243.jpg

baseball21 likes this.
  7. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope...

8. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I prefer my rope to be soft and suppulant. I don't want to get rope burned while being hung.

Mainebill and Burton Strauss III like this.
  9. Mainebill

I have no problem with them even being conservative. I’m just sick to death of the bs details grade where they nuke anything that has any kind of toning for either cleaning or questionable color or altered surfaces. And the cleaning details on perfectly original gray circulated coins that just leaves me scratching my head. The 1803 has had an ancient wipe. And the surfaces have recovered. Ive seen a lot worse in holders and it was way too much for an economy anyway. But I figured it was worth a shot.for $20 Last time it was xf details It’s one of those coins that will probably get in a straight holder eventually. But will never be a primo example the 50-o half is an old clean too. I bought a half dozen seated halves from an old collection. This the second example I sent and both went straight. All were cleaned years ago. The 46 tall date I was worried they’d nuke as it’s got beautiful toning I’m glad it went straight as it’s a really nice coin the rest of the seated halves barbers were just circulated original gray and problem free and the Morgans were typical blast white common stuff

10. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

So you know they have hairlines, but hope it slides through as market acceptable because it was done "a long time ago"?

Guess I don't get the concept. It's not mint state and it's not normal circulation wear. What is it?

11. Mainebill

D6A210B3-FD14-4367-AEC9-8E0AA3725BBC.jpeg 709483F4-3532-4358-B16C-F5C9BE509B66.jpeg Here’s the 46. Is totally original and nicer color in hand probably old paper envelope toning

12. Mainebill

Called trying to slide a couple though with a bunch of good coins. Then wholesale them out cheap. The good stuff will go to cac. There’s so much crap in holders anymore that I think a bean is important. If they weren’t constantly holdering problem coins I wouldn’t bother. It’s when they constantly nuke original coins and pass problem ones is when I get annoyed.

13. Mainebill

Here’s my other reasoning. They always seem to have to nuke a couple coins with details grades so I give them a couple problem coins in the thought they’ll detail them and pass the rest. I’ve had several submissions they will pass nearly every coin and the last 3-4 they detail for absolutely no good reason other than I think they have a quota and want more submissions. I wouldn’t mind if they were consistent. It really annoys me when they’ll straight grade coins with an old cleaning or other issues and detail coins that have absolutely nothing wrong with them

Draft saved Draft deleted