PCGS coins now allowed in the NGC Registry

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Coinsandmedals, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

NGC is preferred in Germany too. They get a higher premium than PCGS. I have personal knowledge and experience of this, as I've been to around 10 shows and talked to many of the dealers. I've also got some very good friends who live in Germany and collect coins.

Now, I recognize that I used authoritative and experiential knowledge to prove my point, but I at least attempt to ground my statements in facts. You've made a very specific claim that NGC lying about spending millions on their registry set.

You were then asked for what facts and experience you base that off of.
    You completely dodged that question, and then doubled down on calling NGC a liar:
    You gripe all the time that people make claims about PCGS without having any facts or knowledge of the subject. @micbraun has very strong knowledge about IT (it's not my place to discuss his personal life, but I would readily apply the words "an expert in the field" to him). He has countered your claim and asked for your facts. Your dodging of that question forces us all to believe you have none and have dropped the discussion because you aren't willing to admit it. The reason you get so many people upset with you is making claims, like NGC is lying, without being able to supply any proof, or even expert knowledge, on the subject.

Furthermore, you've continuously countered @Jaelus 's claim that NGC is better and more popular than PCGS for world coins. Jaelus provided extensive reasoning for this stance. Having lived for a couple years in Germany, and being fluent in German, I have personally seen that NGC is favored over PCGS and receives a higher premium. It's not just Eastern Europe, as you claimed. You complain of others' bias, but you act as if you do not have your own bias, and that yours isn't a factor in how you view things.

This is a continuous pattern with you, Baseball. You belittle others, you discredit them, and you throw out statements, expecting them to be believed. All you do on CT is rush to PCGS' defense and fight daily windmills. You do this so much, we can't help but wonder if you get paid for it.

The reason we ask you to post a coin is because you've chosen to show a very small side of yourself and only discuss a very narrow set of topics. You show no joy in numismatics, you bring no smiles to the faces of those who read your work. Your posts are angry, defiant, argumentative, caustic. To be honest, I find you to be toxic to CT and numismatics, and you are almost single-handedly the reason I no longer visit the US forums. You suck the joy out of discussing coins and leave us all with a bitter taste on our lips. Have you ever asked yourself this: what is my purpose and what do I provide CT? You can't claim it to be truth, because you've shared no facts, data, or expert knowledge in the statements you made today about NGC and their IT department. When prodded, you avoided that discussion altogether. It's not truth you're here for, so I don't know what it is.

I took a good hard look at myself after a few of our spats. I didn't like how negative I was being and ultimately decided that my best contributions to CT are in world coins, so I've stayed almost exclusively in that forum. Maybe it's time for you to find a better area for you to concentrate on.

Post a coin and give us the chance to enjoy your post for being something that celebrates numismatics and provided common ground for us on this forum.

Vess1, brg5658, Troodon and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

@Seattlite86 Collecting world coins are much more fun.........we aren't bickering about which slab is the best, which coins will cross over, which coin is overgraded, which coin will sell for more money, etc. You have those in the world section who love raw coins, slabbed coins, both and we all get along. Go to the US section of pcgs or here and its constantly about cac, crossover, making $$$ off of coins, etc.

micbraun, Jaelus and Seattlite86 like this.
  4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

This is why I stay in the world coin forum and appreciate it so much :)

Jaelus and Mkman123 like this.
  5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Looks like it went live overnight, there is now a radio button to select NGC or PCGS. If you add a PCGS coin, you MUST upload photos and the administrator has to approve it.

6. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Yeah... we discussed this like 2-3 days ago ;-)

I’ve already added all my lovely PCGS Bust halves to my set... this time with the correct cert numbers lol

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Has anyone had a PCGS coin accepted to their registry lately? I submitted one Dec. 26th and still waiting.

8. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Holiday slow down / shut down maybe???

9. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Don't expect much until next week. Unfortunately I've got a few submissions still lingering from Whitman, but they are making all kinds of mistakes right now. It's been frustrating.

10. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

All mine were accepted, no questions or photos. Just put those on today;)

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I wrapped up mine last week. No problem.

12. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Nice. Mine finally posted last week. Had my own pics with it.

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted