PCGS coins now allowed in the NGC Registry

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Coinsandmedals, Dec 12, 2019.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Makes no difference to me if you believe me or not

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

"I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one"

But @Santinidollar you may just be a dreamer:D

Santinidollar likes this.
  4. brg5658

brg5658 Well-Known Member

I know you realize this ... BUT ... you're arguing with someone who supposedly submits hundreds of coins to both services, and has such broad know-it-all experience in both the USA and world coin realm - but has never (that I have seen) ever posted a picture or even a link to a coin he/she owns.

Talk is cheap - I'll trust the facts of people who I know actually collect world coins like you, @Jaelus, and others over the (questionably corporate-planted) opinions of this unnamed person who has posted more than 11,000 messages in fewer than 4 years, and has said little of anything.

:D

furham, micbraun and Seattlite86 like this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I do not believe this for one second and challenge you to post a coin that you own. The fact that you think people who love coins would suddenly hate them just because it belongs to you, and also that your coins would be "poisoned" because someone didn't like them, reeks of narcissism.

Prove me wrong and post a coin. Let's see what happens. I personally love seeing pictures of coins and would love nothing more than to see your next post be of a coin instead of one defending PCGS.

I would appreciate if others challenged @baseball21 to do the same. Baseball has me on ignore and likely will pretend not to have seen this message, and not respond to it. Regardless of your feelings towards baseball, we should all be able to put that aside and just enjoy the look of a nice coin.

brg5658 likes this.
  6. baseball21

Baby still need their bahbah? So pathetic going to the straight up troll corporate plant crap but I would expect nothing less from you

7. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

Until proven otherwise, going forward I will assume baseball is the notorious ebayer- thedockter. Ya know, because he wants to make sure his coins haven't been seen in a long time - ie found is a 150 year old safe. Prove me wrong. ;P

micbraun and brg5658 like this.
  8. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

So at one time NGC allowed PCGS coins in their registry. Then
    they decided not to allow them. Now they are allowing them
    again. Am I correct on this ?

furham and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

That is correct.

10. Walkerfan

Walkerfan Active Member

LOL at the small group of people feeling 'insulted' and 'betrayed' by the 'business decision'. BREAKING NEWS---NGC is a BUSINESS, so OF COURSE the are going to do what they can to improve their bottom line. They tried to be NGC exclusive...It did not work, so they went back to the business model that works best. This type of trial and error is done in business everyday. For the record, I was not happy, when they excluded PCGS and, yes, I lost interest in the Registry, but at no time did I ever turn my back on NGC nor start to dislike them. I was still using their services and purchasing their slabs. I have always thought that NGC is every bit as good as PCGS. I am VERY GRATEFUL to them for bringing back the PCGS coins to their Registry. Now, I can display ALL of my coins and buy unrestricted. It is better for them and better for us. It was the CORRECT decision and makes them the best IMHO.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  11. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

12. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

@Walkerfan It was crazy that some during that time said because NGC was being exclusive, they were just gonna leave NGC and stick with PCGS. It made no sense because PCGS has always been exclusive!!

I asked NGC if they could allow PCGS coins into the world registry, they said no, oh well, I will have to cross some of my pcgs world coins into ngc holders. Doesn't matter too much as for world coins, most of my coins are in NGC slabs.

Stork and Seattlite86 like this.
  13. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

A number of years back I was actively building registry sets at NGC. When NGC made the announcement to exclude PCGS coins I changed my focus away from building registry sets. In a way it was a good thing as I think I focused too much on buying the slab than buying the coin.

Walkerfan and -jeffB like this.
  14. Walkerfan

Walkerfan Active Member

I lost interest in the Registry at BOTH services, because I knew that I never would nor could be exclusive to either firm. Eight of my best early Walkers are in NGC plastic and I would never be able to replace them with better examples in either types of plastic, at least not for the grade. I don't play the crack-out or crossover game. I LIKE the looks of the NGC slabs and many of my coins are in older generation slabs and I DON'T want to disturb them or lose the slab. Someday, IF I sell; I will see how the land lays and what the market is like and then make my decision. But for now; I am just focused on finishing my set. Having the NGC registry back at full capacity does make it more fun and easier to display, though. So, yes I'm glad.

Seattlite86, -jeffB and furham like this.
  15. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I know you don’t care about me and/or my opinion, but it appears the only reason you’re here is to promote PCGS. I am not a “hater”, some of your posts are actually great. :) However, I’d really love to see a couple of your coins.

Mkman123 and Seattlite86 like this.
  16. baseball21

Just about a 2 year trial that’s was immediately met with disdain and not major experiments to tweek it until undoing the decision? That’s not exactly a market experiment.

Only appears that way from the group think that occurs. I actually was here for legit discussions and for the most part respond to people how they interact with me, then I got trolled a bunch which by the way many of the better posters did leave for the same reasons. While I ignore most of them, I do get a kick out of the one in this thread who I haven't responded to in months but he still tries bless his heart but on a more serious note I do hope his life improves and finds happiness.

Anyways the extreme anti PCGS here by many just makes coming with a fact based or market based opinion seem like promotion. I really don't understand why so many get so angry over it. The market decides who cares what it is just adjust to it, this site isn't going to turn the market on it's head or have any major influence.

To many people are holding grudges and trying to hammer things down peoples throat. The market is the ultimate jury

17. brg5658

brg5658 Well-Known Member

I have never once seen you post any evidence to support your comments. Facts are statements that can be supported by evidence...opinions are not facts.

The hypocrisy of you saying that people try to hammer facts down people’s throats...that’s rich.

And, for the record, I am not trolling you. I am attempting to make certain that others here know that you often (?usually?) just make stuff up. This place is called CoinTalk, not PCGS-Talk. I see you deflected all of the requests for you to post a picture of a coin you own; not surprising.

:rolleyes:

Walkerfan likes this.
  18. baseball21

Eh forget it, not worth the time other than blocking

I mean posting a coin picture would prove something like there aren't millions of them out there or they prove ownership. Not sure what kind of low brow attempt at any "fact" was but okay

19. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I don't hate PCGS. I am a member and submit to them regularly. In fact, I replied earlier with a post about how their world medals service is superior to NGC, but you didn't reply to that post.

furham likes this.
  20. baseball21

I did your other one. I’ve said many times including in this thread that yea NGC is preferred in Eastern Europe. Really not sure why everything is supposed to be a gotcha game with me but okay.

21. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

fwiw, I hope you know I was just clowning and do not actually believe that you are thedockter ebayer. I actually support your right to privacy. You shouldn't feel the need to be peer pressured to conform with others. I even appreciate your insight although I might not always agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted