PCGS and the SAC enhanced coin and currency set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Outlaw, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Outlaw

Outlaw Senior Member

how many of you recieved a 70, out of thirty i recieved 67 68 and 69n but no 70 all first strike , i now have a box of five unopened, believe i will leave them un opened ,but what if i have one with no edge lettering in the box , i believe i would have a better chance to win the lottery guess i will go get my ticket

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

That you got a 67 & 68, to me, shows that the term "First Strike" means very little when having slabbed. It does not help that we have to break these out to send out with all the rubbing against the flip on it's way to the TPG. I did much better when I sent in a lot of silver Ike's not broken out. Even though ICG warned me against this, they broke them out for me and I was a happy camper, especially when most came back as a variety that I did not know about and they attributed them all at no extra cost.

longnine009 likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Since there doesn't appear to be any value attached to submitting them unopened, I don't understand why you didn't examine the coins, first. You could have saved yourself a bunch of money in grading & shipping fees on those 67's & 68's.

Am I missing something?

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted