PBG about this probable PMD...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by LaCointessa, Oct 19, 2017.

1. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Hi everybody!

I can’t remember ever asking for an opinion about what caused the damage on a coin before. Maybe I have and just blocked it out!! But I came across this wheatie and although I would probably say the coin is the victim of PMD, I wondered if PMD would erase the whole of the USofA on the reverse. I think I may be seeing the “o” (at least) of where “of” should appear.

There is definitely a dent in the coin and there are some long scratches on thr reverse with edges coming away from the interior of the coin so I am calling those PMD. The big grooves and pits on both sides of the coin seem to be going toward the interior of the coin, so I am not sure about those.

Okay, I am ready to face the music!

Oh! PBG? (Please, be gentle) :nailbiting::arghh:

D22C9AB7-5B42-4E5B-88B8-F517BF92A5EC.jpeg
    F31EB663-4A4A-472E-BED6-D3F79688FF7E.jpeg 10C78196-A673-4AD5-BCE2-B54B33D9EF06.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

All I have to say is... :yuck::yack::vomit::hungover:

✌ peace

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    LaCointessa likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It looks like it saw a lot of wear and tear before the major damage.

LaCointessa likes this.
  5. LaCointessa

Pickin and Grinin and paddyman98 like this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Looks like an "Okie Fuse" my deceased father used to show that almost burned the house down. This was before circuit breakers when the fuses were screw in and the copper cent was the right size to "temporarily" replace one until you could get to the hardware store...but if the problem wasn't fixed, the high current twisted and melted contact points. Just guessing so PBG also :)

LaCointessa likes this.
  7. LaCointessa

Fuse boxes! Ah yes, I remember them well! There were always a few copper 'pennies' sitting on top of the box.

8. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

Just curious.... where in the heck did you find that???

9. LaCointessa

I found it in a roll of bank rolled cents. Will be happy to finish with wheat and Lincoln memorial cents. I can't wash my hands enough and they smell raw - icky!

Draft saved Draft deleted