Paypal ending Fee Free transactions for business accounts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mat, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

pay.png It was just a matter of time. :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

While not a big fan, I'm surprised it took that long. Business accounts should be for business and obviously we know what was generally going on with the personal transactions there.

4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I've grown weary of the eBay / PayPal grubbing practices.

For eBay purchases I rebelliously use my credit card through PayPal. eBay can stick it.

For all other transactions I've been issuing and receiving old-fashioned payments by check for the past few years, and my regulars seem quite comfortable with that.

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I agree with Mike...I use my cc for purchases ...and when paypal sent this I told them bye bye I won't and done agree...so close my account and don't contact me any longer.
    One should of known when one out grows to a point the house of cards falls....Ebay as well pay pal have been pricing themselves out of business over the last decade.
    They completely screwed their base...by making you give them all your information or they whould hold your money up to 6 months.
    Eyes... so set on the big prize...their real prize the evey day Joe who was their bread and butter...they ran off...they have screwed the seller so many times no wonder they are loosing ...as who wants a one way deal...oh yeah the winner of that deal...which in my eyes the seller...unless....and theres alway an unless your sales are so high....that they look the other way on bad practices. Go look at some of these high sales stores ...look at their feed back many with numerous negatives or neutral feedbacks ...yet little Jo smo store gets 1 negitive its the end of the world....by their standards.
    Plus we want YOU to ship for free...we want YOU to ship world wide....and if a buyer screams baby shoes....we want YOU the seller to eat it!yeah sounds fair to me.;)

AdamL and Lehigh96 like this.
  6. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Way back when ebay was a "mom and pop" business, I never had a problem. When it was sold, it became a "big business" organization. Now that ebay has gotten in bed with PayPal, it has become as close to "black market" without breaking the law. I have been taken for over $1,000 over the last couple of months. My wife's computer was blocked from operating. There was a phone number to call Microsoft, so we did. In order to get Microsoft's "Office" to work, we were told that they now have subscriptions to operate their Microsoft 365. We paid their fee and all was well until I found out that Microsoft does not block computers nor call customers. I'm 74 and I had no idea how these thieves work, but I thought I learned my lesson until a check for over $500 cleared my credit untion. No signature, only my name was typed in the signature block. The check was cashed in a foreign country and their was no other endorsement. The thieves even stung me on Amazon. I look at all of my accounts daily now. When I was looking at Amazon, someone was able to get my password and userid to buy credit for XSBOX use. Luckily, they only got $110. I contacted Amazon and they told me they would investigate. After a few days, I got an email telling me they had investigated my claim and they could not find any problem with the transaction. I changed my userid and deleted my VISA information. When I purchase anything from Amazon, I will put in my VISA information until I get word that the item had been sent. Then I delete my VISA information. Also, due to my complaint, anytime I make a purchase from Amazon, they call me and ask me if the purchase is valid. After I agreed, that's would approve the purchase. No Problem yet, but these thieves make ebay and PayPal look like kids stealing lunch money.

MIGuy likes this.
  7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Jim Dale, talk to your credit card company. Most if not all of them now will provide virtual numbers that you can use for an on line transaction. The number is only good for the one transaction and can't be used again.

-jeffB likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted